Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK options & design studio changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have changed the design studio for the UK so you can’t order a long range or anything with the black /white interior.
It’s a standard or performance with black interior only.

For me that just means no order - I know they change the options frequently but I swear the marketing are on some sort of
Hallucinogenic treat!

I noticed that today, too.

I had already ordered the dual motor long range version, which, no longer appears as an option, however, is was slightly cheaper than the 'new' performance model (no performance upgrade option); my order also including the 19" sports wheels.

It is not clear what the actual performance model spec is within the Tesla website design studio - for instance, it suggests a top speed of 162 mph for the 'new' performance model, however, the following web page suggests that to get that speed, requires the addition of their performance upgrade pack (from 145 mph to 162 mph).

All very confusing and not very professional, as, clearly, someone has not vetted the changes to ensure clarity etc.

I ordered a LR AWD Black on Black Model 3 on the 1st. May. I was intrigued when the price of the Performance went down. Called the help number and the chap said I had not had a VIN allocated yet so to change to a performance would cost circa £3.5K. The configurator however will not let me modify my order so staying with the AWD LR. No confidence on its arrival however.