Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what has annoyed me most is not just the prices dropped, it’s that I was called up and told I had to pick up by 12th jan to get the super discount once in a lifetime offer. Next day boom… feels like been had by a salesperson…

On phone to Tesla now and no one in the Uk knew till their team morning this morning and they are not sure what to do lol

Anyone who paid Cash and did not trade in in December is going to feel a little aggrieved by this but for everyone else you probably benefited from either increased trade in or lower APR than you would get today so there may be little or no real difference.
And for everyone else who bought last year, surely most of us plan to keep the cars for 3 years plus so this change today will have minimal impact.
Bingo! Mind you, the current plan is to keep it for 3-4 years. Plus, I'm currently doing around 6 - 7k business miles on expenses each year, and at 45p/mile and 5 (hopefully) miles/kWh, that helps a little.

Called it. I was actually way too conservative…

Model 3 prices have dropped as well:
  • Tesla Model 3: £48,490 -> £42,990 (-£5,500, -11.34%)
  • Tesla Model 3 Long Range: £57,490 -> £50,990 (-£6,500, -11.30%)
  • Tesla Model 3 Performance: £61,490 -> £57,990 (-£3,500, -5.69%)
So much for residuals lol.
Beat you to it :)

I called the MY SR in Feb 2022, just as the MY LR hit UK shores for the 1st time :)

This post from Aug last year is me calling the MY price to maybe even get to the £42k to £45k range

Screenshot_20230113-100057.png

For those that are interested in predictions, my next one is that indeed, it hits my £42k price prediction this year

To help back it up:

It's €45k euro to buy a MY SR in Germany and €47k in France, Spain....

Convert to £ and you get sub £40k MY in Germany, £41.3k France/Spain

Watch out for end of Q1 inventory discounts/SC miles followed by more reductions in the following quarters

MY SR is firmly on my radar, I might bite the bullet end of Q1

On phone to Tesla now and no one in the Uk knew till their team morning this morning and they are not sure what to do lol

Advisor said send complaint to [email protected]

They are looking at options so the more complaints and threats of returns the more likely it will happen he said
I would not expect to get a reply to be honest, I never did to several queries, I don't see Tesla likely to be forthcoming with any refunds so I would be looking at returning the car under any 14 day cooling off period now as once its passed then you won't have a chance, they are much more likely to sort something out if you show that you are prepared to return the car. If you do get an offer make sure its in writing too!

Reactions: ringi and Utumno
what has annoyed me most is not just the prices dropped, it’s that I was called up and told I had to pick up by 12th jan to get the super discount once in a lifetime offer. Next day boom… feels like been had by a salesperson…

You were happy with the price when you purchased it though, no?

Don't really understand the mentality of retroactive angst over price drops. There's likely only a minority of people who are actually disadvantaged by this, either because they got a generous trade in offer on their previous car (which definitely wouldn't be the case now) or because they bought when interest rates were lower.

The people hit the hardest by this are those who took delivery before Tesla did the December ~£5000 off inventory/6000 free supercharging miles push, as they paid the highest prices, had the current interest rates and depressed trade in prices. Everyone else hasn't really "lost" the discount that is now being applied, they just haven't saved (as much) money anymore.

You were happy with the price when you purchased it though, no?

Don't really understand the mentality of retroactive angst over price drops. There's likely only a minority of people who are actually disadvantaged by this, either because they got a generous trade in offer on their previous car (which definitely wouldn't be the case now) or because they bought when interest rates were lower.

The people hit the hardest by this are those who took delivery before Tesla did the December ~£5000 off inventory/6000 free supercharging miles push, as they paid the highest prices, had the current interest rates and depressed trade in prices. Everyone else hasn't really "lost" the discount that is now being applied, they just haven't saved (as much) money anymore.
I didn’t want to take delivery. I was waiting for uss parity. They called me saying this is a once in a lifetime discount if I picked up by the 12th, then day after pick up they do this. That’s what I’m pissed about. I wasn’t arsed about getting it so soon.