Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I visited the 'showroom' for my test drives the staff there told me it made no difference to them at all if my order was placed with them or done online at some time in the future. No sales comms as such. This was April '22(ish) which may or may not be true now
I believe they get a corporate style bonus on sales numbers in region but no individual bonus or commission plans

Reactions: ringi and WKUK
So - spoke with my advisor on the phone. Couldn't do anything and he warned me about the second credit check. I told him point blank that I would order again and then if my vehicle went through cancel. He said that if I believe it's the best thing to do - to do so. So I did it... and now I have a VIN straight away, and even an earlier EDD!

Waiting for his callback to cancel - told me he would call me back after I put my order through (in case he doesn't, I'll just call the support centre and cancel the other vehicle order tomorrow).

EDIT: old order cancelled. I did mention the Distance Act but the guy would be tough to talk to and in fairness I've already saved 4k so, that's kind of ok. Could have collected earlier but opted for the same date - getting a 23 plate too. Happy times!

Last edited:
So - spoke with my advisor on the phone. Couldn't do anything and he warned me about the second credit check. I told him point blank that I would order again and then if my vehicle went through cancel. He said that if I believe it's the best thing to do - to do so. So I did it... and now I have a VIN straight away, and even an earlier EDD!

Waiting for his callback to cancel - told me he would call me back after I put my order through (in case he doesn't, I'll just call the support centre and cancel the other vehicle order tomorrow).

EDIT: old order cancelled. I did mention the Distance Act but the guy would be tough to talk to and in fairness I've already saved 4k so, that's kind of ok. Could have collected earlier but opted for the same date - getting a 23 plate too. Happy times!
Well done, and well worth doing. It really is unfair that they put you through this but you got the right result (other than them keeping your initial deposit).

Reactions: manub
Just a follow up note - the advisor on the phone told me that the new APR would last only for vehicles ordered until 31 Jan (definitely a quarter push). Not sure if it’s 100% accurate but if you’re intentioned to re-order may be worth doing it this weekend or before end month anyway - @kiranl and everybody else.

Just a follow up note - the advisor on the phone told me that the new APR would last only for vehicles ordered until 31 Jan (definitely a quarter push). Not sure if it’s 100% accurate but if you’re intentioned to re-order may be worth doing it this weekend or before end month anyway - @kiranl and everybody else.
Oh. That’s a catch. I will call them up tomorrow and check what they say, if they are still not sure if 3.9 is possible, I will ask them to make it cash. On Monday will ask to switch to finance again. Will update whatever happens.

I have an order in place and delivery scheduled for Feb 25th. In the light of interest rate reduction I gave a call this afternoon to Tesla asking if the new interest rate (3.9%) can be applied to my existing agreement. Apparently they cannot change the interest rate on existing agreements - Basically one needs to cancel the current order and reorder a new one, which TBH isn’t too bad given the delivery is promised for before end of March.

Bit of backstory:
I was supposed to collect my car initially on Dec 14th - At the time my PCP repayment was £625 a month (at 5.9% APR).

Since I couldn’t collect it then, I got 25th Feb as new delivery date, but this time with (£5k) cost reduction applied - The monthly PCP repayment plummeted to £530 a month.

Now with PCP interest down at 3.9%, since Tesla disagreed to bring down the interest rate on existing agreement to prevailing 3.9%, I decided to place a new order for MY with same configuration (and deposit) as before - The PCP repayment plummeted again to £490 a month.

Having not collected my car in December (thankfully), I am potentially saving £135 a month on PCP repayments (roughly £6480 over 4 years) - Which is a significant sum. I would be kicking myself if I would have collected car in December.

Strangely a VIN has already been assigned to the new MY order (within 2 hours of order 😂)

Last edited:
I have an order in place and delivery scheduled for Feb 25th. In the light of interest rate reduction I gave a call this afternoon to Tesla asking if the new interest rate (3.9%) can be applied to my existing agreement. Apparently they cannot change the interest rate on existing agreements - Basically one needs to cancel the current order and reorder a new one, which TBH isn’t too bad given the delivery is promised for before end of March.

Bit of backstory:
I was supposed to collect my car initially on Dec 14th - At the time my PCP repayment was £625 a month (at 5.9% APR).

Since I couldn’t collect it then, I got 25th Feb as new delivery date, but this time with (£5k) cost reduction applied - The monthly PCP repayment plummeted to £530 a month.

Now with PCP interest down at 3.9%, since Tesla disagreed to bring down the interest rate on existing agreement to prevailing 3.9%, I decided to place a new order for MY with same configuration (and deposit) as before - The PCP repayment plummeted again to £490 a month.

Having not collected my car in December (thankfully), I am potentially saving £135 a month on PCP repayments (roughly £6480 over 4 years) - Which is a significant sum. I would be kicking myself if I would have collected car in December.

Strangely a VIN has already been assigned to the new MY order (within 2 hours of order 😂)
For my new order the VIN has been assigned immediately 😅 and it’s visible. On my previous order it was only hidden

Confirming what the sales assistant told me, 3.9% APR only applies for orders until 31 Jan. Here’s a screenshot from the Tesla site.

FF626AB9-C8C9-4CE2-86DB-A374FEDF3937.jpeg

The email I received suggests different... Perhaps the representative example is only ever valid for a limited period? I have a test drive booked next weekend so I hope so

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128-153814.png
    Screenshot_20230128-153814.png
    200 KB · Views: 43
The email I received suggests different... Perhaps the representative example is only ever valid for a limited period? I have a test drive booked next weekend so I hope so
It seems to suggest you'll get 3.9% APR if your car is collected by March 31. I'm "guessing" Jan 31 is the last date they can be sure to guarantee delivery by that date - but maybe you can still get the lower APR if you get a car immediately available? When I ordered mine there were a couple White MYLR 19" available for collection in 2 weeks where I'll pick up (Staines)

It seems to suggest you'll get 3.9% APR if your car is collected by March 31. I'm "guessing" Jan 31 is the last date they can be sure to guarantee delivery by that date - but maybe you can still get the lower APR if you get a car immediately available? When I ordered mine there were a couple White MYLR 19" available for collection in 2 weeks where I'll pick up (Staines)
Maybe, I'll email the sales rep and see if they confirm. Cheers

Reactions: manub
Apparently you need to have applied for the finance and have been accepted before the end of the month and delivery needs to take place before end of March. Puts me in a tricky situation as I want to test drive first and the earliest I can do that is next week... Can you apply for the finance before putting a deposit down?

Considering to swap my M3 for a MY (2022) only has 3000 miles on it, can someone guide me on a realistic price if sold on Autotrader?
I can see one listed for 38.5k (a bit more mileage) and wanted to get some views here... I dont mind putting in the extra

However WBAC and Motoway are quoting 33k which is way lower than I expected... a few months ago if I wanted to sell I could have made a profit from new (I am aware there was a shortage or long wait) but hey-ho :rolleyes:

Apparently you need to have applied for the finance and have been accepted before the end of the month and delivery needs to take place before end of March. Puts me in a tricky situation as I want to test drive first and the earliest I can do that is next week... Can you apply for the finance before putting a deposit down?

don’t think so. But you can get it back - I had no resistance but if they do just quote distance selling regs and you’ll get it back easily enough so wouldn’t worry about that too much

If you’re almost certain to order subject to a test drive I’d get an order in now

As for not taking delivery by march - surely if that’s due to Tesla not supplying you’ll already have a signed finance agreement and they won’t cancel that?

I don't believe so - when you order online you have to put the card details for the £200 deposit first. Even you order from a showroom you'll order online anyway.

I *guess* you could order anyway, and then if you don't like it you can cancel and try to get the deposit back. Lots of people mention here that you can resort to the Consumer rights and the Distance Act, but try to search on the forums.