Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, it just miraculously increased in price...
Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 13.34.26.png

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
Ask yourself why Tesla would have a used 2023 car? Somebody bought it and rejected it is the most likely scenario. The reason for rejection could be anything, but that’s almost certainly what’s happened
A used 2023 car could be ex-demo. If someone bought it and rejected(as in rejected on collection) it its not used as its not registered at that point (unless accepted)

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Can you place a new/inventory order and then request a trade in afterwards or does the trade in need to happen first?
You can add a tradein at any point in the ordering process before you sign the paperwork for finance or make the full payment. There's a fixed period a tradein valuation is valid for. I think it may be 30 days? I'm sure someone who's done it recently will correct me if not... Once the valuation expires you have to go through the process again, I believe.

That's a trade in price though, contingent on buying another car from Tesla. I don't think now is a great time to buy for a variety of reasons.
I just thought I would get a trade in estimate on my wife's M3P which we bought new in April 2020. Received the figure today (16/03/2023) £28,100. Ouch.

Had a quick look at the price Tesla are reselling on inventory used, and there are several (in White, same as ours) for around £39k. Double ouch.

I think we will keep the M3P for now!

Reactions: Durzel
I just thought I would get a trade in estimate on my wife's M3P which we bought new in April 2020. Received the figure today (16/03/2023) £28,100. Ouch.

Had a quick look at the price Tesla are reselling on inventory used, and there are several (in White, same as ours) for around £39k. Double ouch.

£10k for Tesla isn’t a bad bit of business for them! I wonder if inventory are selling for £39k though

They are also selling 2020 M3P at £28,300 see here.

I'm pretty much done with Tesla after the seeing the tragic depreciation on my 18-month-old model 3. Probably game over for them if the VW ID2.all is even halfway decent.
After the experience I had with my ID3, I wouldn't touch another VW EV unless they start from scratch with the software & implement something more modern and useable. It can't be overstated how atrocious the software is to use and how buggy it is. It seems the update to version 3.0 of the software that was supposed to be starting roll out before I sold mine in Feb22 is still not available to most people.