Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you are correct since mine is applied even though its not accepted it will not do it:
I also got a 404 initially
"There is an active trade-in for this vehicle. Manage and view the status of your trade-in from your delivery profile."
I am still waiting for them to review the pictures I sent them 10 days ago so no idea what they will come back with FAQ says 48 hours
It took 2 or 3 weeks for them to review my pictures, they then contacted me to say they couldn't read them so I converted them to a low resolution and emailed them and then everything was agreed.

They can see from your pics the state of your wheels. My quote was adjusted down a few hundred £. Presume for this reason.
yeah they will see all 4 sides of your car, plus inside and dashboard, with this your quote is given
i believe you can do 2700 extra miles without it going down
remember they are already giving you a cheaper rate as a trade-in , vs selling privately because you are buying a car

Reactions: Rooster6655
yeah they will see all 4 sides of your car, plus inside and dashboard, with this your quote is given
i believe you can do 2700 extra miles without it going down
remember they are already giving you a cheaper rate as a trade-in , vs selling privately because you are buying a car
Did you mean to say they're giving you a better rate because you're trading in and buying a new car?

The trade in prices I've had from Tesla (£55,700 last I checked for my 2020 M3P) is quite a bit more than I'd expect to get trying to sell privately. I can't imagine being able to sell my car for that much to someone who can just pay ~£5k more for the latest model with 2 years extra warranty, even in these current times.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Did you mean to say they're giving you a better rate because you're trading in and buying a new car?

The trade in prices I've had from Tesla (£55,700 last I checked for my 2020 M3P) is quite a bit more than I'd expect to get trying to sell privately. I can't imagine being able to sell my car for that much to someone who can just pay ~£5k more for the latest model with 2 years extra warranty, even in these current times.
ok i was assuming you had an ICE, like a pretty old one like me 15yr old golf.. the price they are offering me is similar to WBAC

The trade in prices I've had from Tesla (£55,700 last I checked for my 2020 M3P) is quite a bit more than I'd expect to get trying to sell privately.
Agreed, Tesla trade in prices used to be below WBAC or Motorway but the last price I received from Tesla was way above either of them, the only issue is it's only valid for 60 days and it's hard to get a new car within that timescale. When did you get your last price, and what spec and mileage do you have if you don't mind me asking? Your price is well above mine and I thought mine was good.

Reactions: Durzel
I think FSD and EAP add nothing, as it is just software that Tesla can add themselves for free

At the time of my trade in there were two M3LR on my account, one with FSD, and they gave me different trade in prices for them (about +£4-5K for the FSD one from memory)

Does anyone know what impact if any kerb rash would have on the trade in prices?

You have to submit photos of all sides of the car, they calculate Trade In offer from those. Depends whether they can see the kerb rash in the photo ... my experience, and others here, is that they won't look at the car when you drop it off for your new collection.

They would have to see through all the muck and mud on the car first
I did that. They told me to get the car cleaned and upload some better photos !

Agreed, Tesla trade in prices used to be below WBAC or Motorway but the last price I received from Tesla was way above either of them, the only issue is it's only valid for 60 days and it's hard to get a new car within that timescale. When did you get your last price, and what spec and mileage do you have if you don't mind me asking? Your price is well above mine and I thought mine was good.
Latest trade in price I got was on 07/03. My car is a March 2020 M3P blue/white, 2775 miles, FSD.

Reactions: seadog
My though is they start to deliver from Germany, avoid import tax and therefore have not been forced to increase the price.
U.K. Y’s are definitely coming from China at the moment. They will produce LHD MY first in Berlin with RHD probably at the end in Q4 when all Europe MY come from a Berlin.
YLR and 3LR the same price can only mean they are not currently interested in selling LR 3’s in the UK currently. Perhaps they have built and committed to build extremely large numbers of UK Y’s, so they are pushing people that way. Once this balances out I imagine Y will increase in price.
Even though MY is 150kg heavier than M3 so more material and stuff like bio weapon defence mode it is cheaper to manufacture than M3 due to newer manufacturing techniques. So i think they are transferring most of the production over to MY for profit.
Still doesn’t explain why delivery times are relatively short for MY U.K. and the price not going up.

The Tesla trade in page is very strange, I just tried again with Edge on my PC and got 404 page, same thing on chrome and all my ios devices, then tried my wife’s PC and it worked!

They must store cookies on your device which prevents you from getting another quote for a certain period of time!

Mine has almost 11K miles and just standard autopilot so that would account for the difference. Still very happy to be quoted almost as much as the purchase price from 2 years ago.
For what it's worth I've just requested another trade in quote and am now being quoted £53,800 with no changes.

I was somewhat tempted when the cost to change (albeit to EAP rather than FSD on new car) was ~£10k, but now it's not worth it in my eyes.