Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Pricing piss take

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like actually to, probably, exchange my M3 LR to MY LR but after the update, which would have noise insulation as levels like Highland or batter.

HOWEVER I might miss stalks..
Just £360 and you can IKEA it...

Just £360 and you can IKEA it...
I would not install it.
Look what happened with the display of hansshow, after 2024.20.x.
Of course, looking at it... no range anxiety 😂

Attachments

• 20240626_150706.jpg
    20240626_150706.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240625_034947.jpg
    20240625_034947.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 2
Yes, it is a bit longer.
Main idea was (and still is) to keep the car in the end... So that is the target anyway, so no biggie here. apart from some minor niggles - I love the car, really.

Lease in my opinion is the worst, as it gives me no option to own asset in the end.
PCP looks reasonable, but my main focus was to reduce monthly cost. I get certain amount as cash allowance + personal mileage compensation. in this way my monthly costs "out of pocket" are more or less covered by these. So if that is covered, then it makes little sense to pay more and then to have a balloon payment in the end.
Makes sense and thanks for explaining. If your car allowance + mileage compensation covers the car then ultimately you are quids in at the end, even if it’s not worth quite what you originally expected.

Seeing as EV’s can potentially last a very long time, if you are happy to keep it longer then you’ll really benefit once it’s paid off.

I would like actually to, probably, exchange my M3 LR to MY LR but after the update, which would have noise insulation as levels like Highland or batter.

HOWEVER I might miss stalks..
I’m about 1,400 miles into my Highland now and I think I’ve mostly got used to this. It took a while and had to basically remember that the arrow pointing into the wheel is right and the one out of the wheel is left.

As I turn out of my driveway my wheel is turned a lot and first few days I gave up trying to workout which was which and just went lucky dip 😂 I have now got it mastered once I learnt my way of dealing with it.

Is it better than stalks? No and my wife hasn’t driven it for this reason which was entirely predictable. Also autopilot on the wheel is crap to enable compared to the drive stalk also. Can I live with it, yes I can.