Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] What we already knew - EV misinformation in press - it’s not gone unnoticed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Misinformation in the press on EVs is the tip of a very large iceberg of misinformation in the press in general

Whether you could ever legislate I doubt, I can only think of making them distinguish between ‘fact based” articles and “opinion based”. The BBC introduced Verify in an attempt to qualify evidence they were reporting, I’m not sure I even trust its implementation but the notion of scrutiny seems to be an attempt to address the problem.

Misinformation in the press on EVs is the tip of a very large iceberg of misinformation in the press in general

Whether you could ever legislate I doubt, I can only think of making them distinguish between ‘fact based” articles and “opinion based”. The BBC introduced Verify in an attempt to qualify evidence they were reporting, I’m not sure I even trust its implementation but the notion of scrutiny seems to be an attempt to address the problem.
All sources should be properly cited.
All potential sources of influence including advertising from oil sector should be noted.
No foreign ownership of media.

I'm sure there's more, but possibilities pointless without any will to change status quo.

Won't happen, media owners/lobbyists/journalists/politicians all part of the same cabal - especially for whatever party is in power in that particular country, or if just a few media moguls have dominance.

All potential sources of influence including advertising from oil sector should be noted.

Won't happen, media owners/lobbyists/journalists/politicians all part of the same cabal -

You missed company shareholders* from those lists, on all sides of the argument.

* for openness, of which I am (indirectly) one of, including shareholdings in various EV companies (including Tesla which may surprise one or two around here).

* for openness, of which I am (indirectly) one of, including shareholdings in various EV companies (including Tesla which may surprise one or two around here).

I dont think much surprises anyone around here anymore... and certainly not when it comes to pick and choose what you want and who to debate with. Certainly ok for those with luxury... Its not like we dont know what some short sellers where up to :)

Sure. Now how much have you got tied up in TSLA?

It would certainly help with transparency and will allow other people to gauge if you’re pushing any sort of agenda.

FWIW I hold no TSLA or shares in any other company. Your turn.

Your logic has just been debunked above :)

Sure. Now how much have you got tied up in TSLA?

It would certainly help with transparency and will allow other people to gauge if you’re pushing any sort of agenda.

FWIW I hold no TSLA or shares in any other company. Your turn.

You have no pension or investments? Wow, relying on a state pension is a brave move. Why spend so much time attacking Tesla when a side gig could be so much more useful?

Me - as I've posted before - big % of my investments, so a reason to understand my investments and spend the time to understand deeply. I won't be goaded in £ amount.

1. Why are you so anti-Tesla?
  2. Can't just be for the effect, wind-up?
  3. Do you have a job connected to an industry or company threatened by EVs or one of Musk companies?

Otherwise your posts are just baffling.

The BBC introduced Verify in an attempt to qualify evidence they were reporting, I’m not sure I even trust its implementation but the notion of scrutiny seems to be an attempt to address the problem.
I think it's an attempt to imply they are a truthful organisation when a simple viewing of any 'Scottish' news would show their clear bias. I appreciate the same applies across the rest of the UK, but they're pretty blatant up here.

Why are you so anti-Tesla?
I’m not, but in your warped view, anything other than 100% support is seen as anti-Tesla.

Do you have a job connected to an industry or company threatened by EVs or one of Musk companies?
No. I’m an IT consultant, I have zero connection to any company threatened by EVs/Tesla/Elon Musk.

You have no pension or investments?
No stock market investments, I don’t like gambling needlessly with my hard earned money.

As for a pension, it’s with one of the large pension providers. I don’t really follow what they’re doing, I just look at how much it’s grown when they send me an annual statement.

Now that your deflections are cleared up, can you let us know how much you have tied up in TSLA so that we can gauge if you’re pushing any kind of agenda?

Wow, relying on a state pension is a brave move
I wouldn’t worry about me relying of state pensions, I’d be more worried about you relying on state handouts before long.

1707225857206.png

• Disagree
Reactions: EVMeister
I’m not, but in your warped view, anything other than 100% support is seen as anti-Tesla.

No. I’m an IT consultant, I have zero connection to any company threatened by EVs/Tesla/Elon Musk.

No stock market investments, I don’t like gambling needlessly with my hard earned money.

As for a pension, it’s with one of the large pension providers. I don’t really follow what they’re doing, I just look at how much it’s grown when they send me an annual statement.

Now that your deflections are cleared up, can you let us know how much you have tied up in TSLA so that we can gauge if you’re pushing any kind of agenda?

I wouldn’t worry about me relying of state pensions, I’d be more worried about you relying on state handouts before long.

View attachment 1015825
Now do the 5 or 10 year charts, which is when I and many others invested.

I do get where Zilla is coming from. There seem to be some people who literally won't see anything bad said against Tesla.

Luckily most people are more balanced, like some aspects, dislike others, and Tesla do get things wrong.

I'm not naming names above because I genuinely can't remember who fell into which camp.

I do get where Zilla is coming from. There seem to be some people who literally won't see anything bad said against Tesla.

Luckily most people are more balanced, like some aspects, dislike others, and Tesla do get things wrong.

I'm not naming names above because I genuinely can't remember who fell into which camp.

Difference between information & misinformation. Especially when some TslaQ / Big Oil shill talking point has been debunked multiple times to the poster and they repeat it later.

I genuinely want to know the truth, risks etc. However, most of the anti-Tesla articles are just nonsense.

Take recent font size debacle.

3 or 4 icons updated by Tesla.

Other makes (Ford, GM, Kia, Porsche etc) over at least 15 years, probably much longer refused to change the icons and instead filed petitions saying that the issue was trivial. NHTSA approved these petitions, these cars are still out there. All Teslas were updated. But who gets the nonsense safety articles?

Part way through the video, he looks up GM, Kia and Porsche non-compliance with the lettering issue that Tesla updated easily. These other manufacturers each filed a petition saying changing their non-compliant cars would be too expensive and problems with font sizes were "inconsequential".

So only Tesla complied.

What Zilla is saying though is some people are so pro that if you cut them, little T's would drip out.

Now I'm not saying your example there is one. And you're right, there's plenty of anti-EV stuff that annoys me on a daily basis.

But there are plenty of examples where Tesla, since we're being brand specific do or have done things wrong, such as wipers, poor handover, poor service centers etc. Now we just wait and see who jumps in and says that all those are fine, nothing wrong, nothing at all, it's me that must be the problem. Those are the people I'm referring to, and they're in my mind just as bad as the anti-ev people (albeit luckily they're not getting articles published in the news).

I just saw an article on Facebook title, 'Tesla want to charge me £20,000 so I can get back in my car'. When you read it, it say there is a battery fault which is preventing him getting into the car and Tesla have quoted worst case scenario, a new battery.

It just shows the misleading headlines put out there just for clicks, I even fell for it and read the article.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
What Zilla is saying though is some people are so pro that if you cut them, little T's would drip out.

Yes, some people are very pro but also many of us have also been in this bubble for sometime that its easy to forget what other brands are up to or that the grass might not be greener on the other side and that some might have fled from the other side because they needed a change. And yes, sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for as well.

But there are plenty of examples where Tesla, since we're being brand specific do or have done things wrong, such as wipers, poor handover, poor service centers etc. Now we just wait and see who jumps in and says that all those are fine, nothing wrong, nothing at all, it's me that must be the problem. Those are the people I'm referring to, and they're in my mind just as bad as the anti-ev people (albeit luckily they're not getting articles published in the news).

You see. My personal view is that there is absolutely no balance in that statement but I would also say some things are not unfounded. For example... I agree that the auto wipers are poor, actually very, Headlights have been an issue and some other niggles but this is just what I can relate to in 3 years of ownership.

I cannot relate to poor handover because ive had no issues upon the handover of 3 cars so far including from Fremont and Im not fussed about the flowers, wine and red sheet unveil anymore.

I also cannot relate to poor service centres because Ive had good service.

Personally, Im quite happy to agree with agreeing with someone on a subject and then disagree with them on another if it keeps me honest.

TL;DR - We also have allot of misinformation here when we have newcomers to the brand and people that have had some bad experiences or just things not to their liking or just having a bad day trying to indoctrinate others with their experience... I look at them as the bad press and I'm inclined to balance the books.