Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Would you buy another tesla

Would you buy another Tesla

• Yes

Votes: 213 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 13.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 21.9%
  • Absolutely no way due to the way tesla treat their customers

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Of course, Tesla are the best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 24 6.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Less then 50% if you put it as a private sale on Autotrader, I think the Model Y/3 has the highest difference of any car at present between what companies like WBAC will pay and what you can get for a quick private sale.
Absolutely. But I guess the issue is, how can a car go from 0 depreciation to 50% in a batter of months. There has surely never been such a change in market conditions for a car. You would be crazy to buy brand new privately with cash currently. Market stability just doesn’t exist for Tesla’s currently.

Reactions: CWT3LR
I'm only 2 years into ownership and this is still, by far, the best car i've ever had. Only been into Tesla one right after I got it for a leaking hose, took them a month to replace it but meant I smoked around in a Model S courtesy car that I ragged the living daylights out of.
Since then, been very lucky. I have no doubt that if I had had the problems some others have had and had to deal with Tesla customer service, my opinion would be very different.

I don't know about you but the idea of a private sale of a £30-40k car would fill me with dread. Who has that kind of money knocking around to make a cash purchase like that?

Autotrader (to me anyway) is fine for the something that's sub £20k.
I WBAC’d our A1 sport back after Audi ruined it with the diesel update bollocks.

Before that I flogged my mint B7 RS4 privately and (regretfully) my C6 RS6 again privately. Smack bang in the ballpark you’re talking about. All cash buyers. No problem.

Reactions: Zilla91
Absolutely. But I guess the issue is, how can a car go from 0 depreciation to 50% in a batter of months. There has surely never been such a change in market conditions for a car. You would be crazy to buy brand new privately with cash currently. Market stability just doesn’t exist for Tesla’s currently.
Where are these 50% depreciated model Ys being sold ? (Genuinely interested as this might tip the balance for me)

Edited to add :

had a quick squint at autotrader and the prices there (albeit asking prices) still seem a bit off - cheapest was a long range early 2022 at nearly £47k with 20,000 miles on the clock which puts it 2k above a brand new SR and 7k under a new LR. (On a tangent here but the prices on the tesla site seem in flux - SR shows £45k (thereabouts) and when you click on detail the detail shows £45k but the LR shows £52,990 and then £54k "before (fuel) savings")

Last edited:
Reactions: Js1977
Why not one of the Merc EQ cars or the Ioniq 6? They all have pretty impressive range figures
Ioniq 6 poor rear headroom - small boot no hatchback. 0-60 in 7 seconds...hmm.
Merc EQ is there a hatchback yet? The crossovers have poor aerodynamics limiting the range.

For me Tesla is bit like iOS. Some of the other offerings are technically better in some ways, but the overall product experience in its network is yet to be beaten.

Ioniq 6 poor rear headroom - small boot no hatchback. 0-60 in 7 seconds...hmm.
Merc EQ is there a hatchback yet? The crossovers have poor aerodynamics limiting the range.

For me Tesla is bit like iOS. Some of the other offerings are technically better in some ways, but the overall product experience in its network is yet to be beaten.
I think the EQS is a hatch but the EQE is a saloon

Some new ones on AT. Don't know if this is a good price/spec etc

Cheers I was thinking more of a build to order, rather than a stock car. More from morbid curiosity to compare against the the current lead times on the sister cars from Porsche.

So the model y is currently the most depreciating car currently on the market it seems. 50% ish in less than a year…

Less then 50% if you put it as a private sale on Autotrader, I think the Model Y/3 has the highest difference of any car at present between what companies like WBAC will pay and what you can get for a quick private sale.
Is this some sort of chinese whispers?.... Just checked and WBAC will pay (they wish they would) 36k for my march 22 model Y with 5500 miles and I can only assume this is for a bog standard car that was back then 54k. With mine having cost me just over 62k that is still more than 50% in my books gentlemen :)

Reactions: Smileysam