Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to decide model and options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to all your suggestions. I did incorporate all your feedback and confirmed the order over the weekend at the Fremont Factory store.

S85 with Tech Package, Parking Sensors and Nappa Leather seats.

Decided against the air suspension - its my way of protesting on the price increase! plus didnt feel much need to having that option - plus future issues with servicing the suspension.
Also no pano roof - while it looks cool and blocks most of the light, I wish there was a curtain or something to block out all light esp in summer.

Just wondering if the parking sensors was included on previous tech packages and is it worth it? I mean for a $85K+ car, a $500 option is not much, but still wondering if its a new feature or not.

Also, requested for rear child seats brackets and sockets only - no actual option, as I was not fully convinced of the need for those seats. They said the factory can install those brackets post delivery at the service center. My idea is to install a better post-market seating rack down the years with the current brackets - by that time I would expect more choices and safety measures.

Final question - how good and useful are the fog lights? Can we do a post market install of fog lights that syncs along with LED cornering lights?

The parking sensors are new. Only available in the US for the past month or so.

I've found that I never use the Pano roof so I am with you on that one. However, if I didn't have the air suspension I'd have to sell the car. I need to raise it to get up my driveway and into the parking lot at work. The roadster is fine. Being both long and low is sometimes an issue.

Also, requested for rear child seats brackets and sockets only - no actual option, as I was not fully convinced of the need for those seats. They said the factory can install those brackets post delivery at the service center. My idea is to install a better post-market seating rack down the years with the current brackets - by that time I would expect more choices and safety measures.
I’m no expert in any way, but that’s the first time I’ve heard about that being an option…

Also: So the factory will build your car with the reinforced rear crash safety structure that is a prerequisite for Tesla’s third row rear facing kid seats?

I’m no expert in any way, but that’s the first time I’ve heard about that being an option…

Also: So the factory will build your car with the reinforced rear crash safety structure that is a prerequisite for Tesla’s third row rear facing kid seats?

Sorry - I may have not explained clearly. The reinforced crash safety will not be included, as that requires the rear-seats package. There are 2 grey brackets near wheels and 2 white sockets that holds the hinge for the seats pull-up. However, without that rear crash safety structure, the brackets make no sense either. The safety structure is likely a second Aluminum frame added across the rear end of the car body - not sure if that can be retrofitted in the future.

It was just a request and they agreed only on the brackets. Now looking back, its probably stupid on my part :)

TERRIFIC you have the S85 ordered.
Great that you have the parking sensors, I would have ordered them had they been available when I purchased mine.
Tech package is good add, lots of convenient features.

For your (re)consideration:
The car is long, and if my recollection of streets in the bay area, they have a lot of angled and steep hills.
Just be (mentally) prepared for occasional dragging on the underside of your car for certain areas, and (sigh) possible inconvenient occasions with concrete parking bumper curbs: especially if they have ends of rebar extending through the holes that fasten them down.
The front chin/spoiler/nose/bumper is very low and extremely susceptible to significant damage (my own personal experience/nightmare).
My friendly word of caution: With the applied raised air suspension, (and now the front parking sensors) maybe you will avoid that scenario.

Sorry - I may have not explained clearly. The reinforced crash safety will not be included, as that requires the rear-seats package. There are 2 grey brackets near wheels and 2 white sockets that holds the hinge for the seats pull-up. However, without that rear crash safety structure, the brackets make no sense either. The safety structure is likely a second Aluminum frame added across the rear end of the car body - not sure if that can be retrofitted in the future.

It was just a request and they agreed only on the brackets. Now looking back, its probably stupid on my part :)
As I remember it the reinforced rear crash safety structure cannot be retrofitted once the car has been built. And I don’t think I’m mistaken about that… So I would double-check that part, if you’re thinking about maybe wanting to add that in the future.

And if you won’t be able to get that structure I really can’t see a Tesla Service Center adding those sockets and brackets… Are you sure about that? It kind of feels like the person at Tesla that told you that they would add just the sockets and brackets could very well have been wrong about that…