Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncomfortable driver seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have pics?
I’m not very good at “pretty”; I’m sure these could be done nicer, but it’s close enough for me (c:

DC7362B5-CE9E-4EE5-86B1-8FC885E661A6.jpeg
57569763-F3CC-4108-BF79-159077D5353C.jpeg

4768F3E9-DCE4-47B2-AE08-BE6E46607953.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Recently bought this aftermarket seat bottom cover with leg extender to reduce side bolster pinch. It’s foam padded and not as stretchy as the OEM vegan so it raises me up enough to feel comfortable now. I have only used it around town, no road trips yet. It may break in and sink in after a while so will update in a couple months after trip to Cali in March.

Attachments

• 5F3077E8-C34E-464A-A8D5-1B072EF94858.jpeg
    5F3077E8-C34E-464A-A8D5-1B072EF94858.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Informative
Reactions: atlchamp and KenC
Recently bought this aftermarket seat bottom cover with leg extender to reduce side bolster pinch. It’s foam padded and not as stretchy as the OEM vegan so it raises me up enough to feel comfortable now. I have only used it around town, no road trips yet. It may break in and sink in after a while so will update in a couple months after trip to Cali in March.
Link to product?

Literally the most comfortable drivers seat I’ve ever sat in. I’m in it 6-8 hours a day. They even designed it to put even pressure on every point. Tesla designed and manufactures their own seats. Something no other company really does. They are the best seats.

I have a sensitive back and feet issue. In any case, I rented a Model 3 for a few days and holy hell my lower back is absolutely killing me. I moved the lumbar support around a bit to no avail. I have driven a Chrysler 300, a 1994 Cadillac Deville, and rent Toyotas and Nissans all the time with no issue. These Tesla seats have my back all jacked up. Has anyone else had this issue? I love the car but this will be a deal breaker for me. I was driving on and off for 3 hours today and I need a deep tissue massage with this back pain. It's from the bottom of my shoulders down to my far lower back. Im 200lbs and 6'1". I feel like you do when you fly coach on a 5+ hour flight. I did have the same issue with the new Cadillac STS and the smaller Benz.

It’s just like there isn’t enough padding in the butt area and it diggs into it. It’s not comfy after a whole
Make sure the seat is adjusted to support your thighs. If all your weight is on your butt, no seat will feel comfortable after a while. The floors are slightly higher in Teslas and it’s deceiving.

I thought M3 (2018 Dual) were very comfortable and the bolsters were on the softer side. 5’10 and 170 lbs for reference. Took me a while to adjust Model X seats.

I
I have a sensitive back and feet issue. In any case, I rented a Model 3 for a few days and holy hell my lower back is absolutely killing me. I moved the lumbar support around a bit to no avail. I have driven a Chrysler 300, a 1994 Cadillac Deville, and rent Toyotas and Nissans all the time with no issue. These Tesla seats have my back all jacked up. Has anyone else had this issue? I love the car but this will be a deal breaker for me. I was driving on and off for 3 hours today and I need a deep tissue massage with this back pain. It's from the bottom of my shoulders down to my far lower back. Im 200lbs and 6'1". I feel like you do when you fly coach on a 5+ hour flight. I did have the same issue with the new Cadillac STS and the smaller Benz.
205lb and 6’1” here. I’m literally in my MYP 6-8 hours a day. Perfect distribution on the seats, and no high pressure points. I’ve never sat in a car that long and been more comfortable.

Maybe you’re shaped funny?