Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Under what driving habit and condition is FSD subscription worth it to you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 for 3 months. So far, I've had over 15 extremely hard, phantom braking, heart attack inducing events while on autopilot... and ZERO saves. I'm honestly surprised the Automatic Emergency Braking haven't caused an accident as opposed to saved me from one. Even using AP on a well-marked road, if there's enough of an incline on the road, that will trigger it. When those AEB false alarms are brought down to near-zero, I'll consider it. I love my Tesla. It's my dream car. ...but being honest, if they can't get this bit of Autopilot working, then FSD isn't anywhere near close to prime time. I'm sure it's getting better, but it's at least 10-20 years until it's mature enough for me to consider it.

Have you ever considered disengaging when you know it’s not going to work? Ie, shadow of a bridge when no one is in front of you? As of now, AP/FSD is supposed to assist you not drive you
I've had my M3 for 3 months. So far, I've had over 15 extremely hard, phantom braking, heart attack inducing events while on autopilot... and ZERO saves. I'm honestly surprised the Automatic Emergency Braking haven't caused an accident as opposed to saved me from one. Even using AP on a well-marked road, if there's enough of an incline on the road, that will trigger it. When those AEB false alarms are brought down to near-zero, I'll consider it. I love my Tesla. It's my dream car. ...but being honest, if they can't get this bit of Autopilot working, then FSD isn't anywhere near close to prime time. I'm sure it's getting better, but it's at least 10-20 years until it's mature enough for me to consider it.

Have you ever considered disengaging when you know it’s not going to work? Ie, shadow of a bridge when no one is in front of you? As of now, AP/FSD is supposed to assist you not drive you
Yes, that's what I have been doing. ...but the question of this thread was "Under what conditions would you purchase FSD?" ...and there's a huge distance between "driving me" and the car not slamming on the brakes because it registered something orange on the side of the road as a road cone in my lane for a fraction of a second.