Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undercarriage falling off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, so I am new to the Tesla world when I was driving today and sounded like something was being drug. So I pulled over and noticed that this fabric like material that I assume is covering certain things up has broken off and just dragging when I go over 25 miles an hour has anyone ever experienced this? And if so, what do I do? I have scheduled a service but it’s not until three weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_5125.jpeg
    IMG_5125.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 252
The Tesla replacements are plastic. You can get 3rd party aluminum ones on Amazon or eBay for roughly the same as the plastic ones. The service center may or may not install them for you. They were kind enough to install mine but others here have been told that Tesla will not install 3rd party parts. If they won't install them for you, they're not difficult to install, you just need a way to jack the car up to get under there.

Upvote 0
There are scrape marks in front of the aero panel bolts. The bolts are also missing. My guess is that you parked nose in too far onto curbs and damaged/destroyed the bolts, and then the aero panel basically fell off.

As for what you can do, if you've got a jack and stands, or ramps for oil change, you could remove whatever's remaining of the panel that's held in by bolts. If the bolt threads aren't destroyed, you could buy a new panel and bolts on ebay for about $100 all in and replace it yourself, it's very simple.

Upvote 0
There are scrape marks in front of the aero panel bolts. The bolts are also missing. My guess is that you parked nose in too far onto curbs and damaged/destroyed the bolts, and then the aero panel basically fell off.

As for what you can do, if you've got a jack and stands, or ramps for oil change, you could remove whatever's remaining of the panel that's held in by bolts. If the bolt threads aren't destroyed, you could buy a new panel and bolts on ebay for about $100 all in and replace it yourself, it's very simple.
What is the part called and what do I search for ?

Upvote 0
The Tesla replacements are plastic. You can get 3rd party aluminum ones on Amazon or eBay for roughly the same as the plastic ones. The service center may or may not install them for you. They were kind enough to install mine but others here have been told that Tesla will not install 3rd party parts. If they won't install them for you, they're not difficult to install, you just need a way to jack the car up to get under there.
What is the part called ?? So I can search the piece and is it safe to drive with it off if I take it off ?

Upvote 0
Ok what is the part name and what to search I’m still unfamiliar w the piece and where would I put the jack ? And is ir safe to drive if I take it off for the time being

Upvote 0
Ok what is the part name and what to search I’m still unfamiliar w the piece and where would I put the jack ? And is ir safe to drive if I take it off for the time being

2020 2021 2022 2023 Tesla Model 3 Y Front Underbody Splash Shield Cover​

OE/OEM Part Number
1499151-00-C, 1499151 00 C, 149915100C

Upvote 0

2020 2021 2022 2023 Tesla Model 3 Y Front Underbody Splash Shield Cover​

OE/OEM Part Number
1499151-00-C, 1499151 00 C, 149915100C
I have a 2018

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey, so I am new to the Tesla world when I was driving today and sounded like something was being drug. So I pulled over and noticed that this fabric like material that I assume is covering certain things up has broken off and just dragging when I go over 25 miles an hour has anyone ever experienced this? And if so, what do I do? I have scheduled a service but it’s not until three weeks.
EVANNEX.COM sells aluminum skid plates to correct for the problem you have. EVANNEX Aluminum Front Skid Plate For Tesla Model 3 (2017-9/2021). I had mine installed by a repair shop which took about 5 hours of labor to install.

Upvote 0