Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underwhelmed....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all know that feeling, watching the cars cross the Atlantic, ships doing strange manoeuvres when near ports, counting down the days to them being in the Uk, getting the message from the lease company, Friday 6th will be the day.

Colleague and I had expected to go to the Bristol collection point for our cars, but no we had been selected for Tesla’s new delivery service., car being delivered to me, fantastic.

Let’s just say despite travelling from London to be in our Bristol office first thing. Neither of us drove home in a new Tesla ;(

Things go wrong, let’s see how they resolve it, but comms have been absolutely dire.

if you are offered it be aware!

That is disappointing.
You're not missing anything quite frankly.
The car is dull and lethargic, it scarcely raises an eyebrow as it belches and wheezes its way up hills.
The car's tinny speakers are dreadful.
Long journeys are fatiguing and uncomfortable and its very expensive to run.
If you can convince yourself that the above is true, it may ease the disappointment.

Last edited:
I've had a similarly shitty day.

I cba to go into all of what happened but my 'Tesla Direct' experience has been awful. I took a day off work to wait at home for the car to be delivered. After it failed to show up in the 2 hour time slot this morning I had no contact from them to explain what was happening so I rang them only to be told they had no idea where my car was and that there were 12 cars that were missing (and mine was on this list of missing cars). They said they'd look into it and ring me back. They never did.

After more calls, emails, getting the leasing company involved to try help out I *think* my car was found to be still at the docks, is being transported to the delivery centre on Monday and is probably going to be delivered to me at the end of next week but who knows?

In the meantime, my current lease car has gone back and I'm without a car.

@M3DM sounds like we had a very similar experience....
Further salt in my wound was when I put my policy on risk with Direct Line yesterday, I moved the start date forward from the original quoted start date by 4 days, they charged me an extra £150! Looks like that was completely wasted...
Hope you get yours soon!

@M3DM
Hope you get yours soon!
and you too Jimbo

I've incurred additional insurance costs as well.

I could hardly believe how inept the woman at autoxp was. Apart from the fact she didn't seem to have a clue where these cars were (these same cars that can be tracked with apps?), all she wanted to talk about was what a bad day she was having. Three times she mentioned that and seemed oblivious to the consequences for the customers being left without a vehicle and zero offer of any temporary solution.

All in all a tiring day and to top it off, at about 5pm a 19 plate blue model X pulled up outside of my house. As the woman got out I had hope that they'd come to talk to me about what was happening, or even maybe brought a temporary Tesla for me to use? but... nope it was someone doing Amazon deliveries :D

All in all a tiring day and to top it off, at about 5pm a 19 plate blue model X pulled up outside of my house. As the woman got out I had hope that they'd come to talk to me about what was happening, or even maybe brought a temporary Tesla for me to use? but... nope it was someone doing Amazon deliveries :D
That’s a low blow :(

Hope this gets sorted out for you soon. One of my biggest pet hates is taking days off work to deal with things that are supposed to happen at a certain time and don’t.

Reactions: Flatchat
I was expecting an email/text of some sort regarding a delivery time slot, sounds like if the company Tesla are using are experiencing delays then I might be in for a wait!

Very annoying as my preference was to go and pick up as I’m within a 10 mile radius to both Solihull and Birmingham Tesla collection points.

Hopefully you all get sorted ASAP but when you do actually get the car delivered then I’m keen to hear what the experience was like as I’m just expecting someone to drop off the car rather than show me the basics (although I already know them) and set up the app.

and you too Jimbo

I've incurred additional insurance costs as well.

I could hardly believe how inept the woman at autoxp was. Apart from the fact she didn't seem to have a clue where these cars were (these same cars that can be tracked with apps?), all she wanted to talk about was what a bad day she was having. Three times she mentioned that and seemed oblivious to the consequences for the customers being left without a vehicle and zero offer of any temporary solution.

Blimey! Amazon must be paying well these days! :D

If they activated the app three morning of your delivery you'd be able to track your car an the way to your door, or as it appears track your car sat not on is easy too your door. Either way, a bit like people pulling their order details out of source code due to lack of official information, if the tools are available to customers, they can manage their own delivery expectations. Not perfect by any means, but it's a *sugar* load better than no info at all

Yeah. When I was waiting for the car I checked the app and noticed that they'd just activated it but it didn't let me view the location of the car, seems you need to go into the car's settings before that can happen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200306-124906.png
    Screenshot_20200306-124906.png
    105 KB · Views: 65
You're a Tesla customer now and as such you shouldn't complain about delays, build errors and damage when you do get it, longer waits getting those sorted and a total lack of any progress reports. Instead you should write glowing comments about how wonderful these cars are, how you support the ideal and how a young company can't be expected to know what they're doing after only 12 years and how you'll remain totally dependant on the whims of the company for the foreseeable. Indeed you should rush out to buy an Iphone if you haven't got one so you can have a second overpriced bit of kit that restricts your choices to enthuse about.

I had just the same experience with the app, around 8am it went from something along the lines of you have no Tesla products, to a different screen with a picture of a model 3 saying mobile access disabled.

So clearly something happened somewhere...

I subscribed to Teslafi too, in the hope that it might show me where the car was, no such luck

@pgkevet I purchased my first iPhone in 2008! Apple have realised from an early stage that customer experience is a key driver to success and brand advocacy. It’s why the unboxing experience is so important, the initial interaction and relationship with a product (or service) plays an important part in how the user perceives the brand, long after the purchase.

I dread to think what I have spent with Apple since my first iPod. Yes there have been hitches, but for me they have ways been resolved and generally over delivered in the outcome.

Tesla, ball in your court.

Typed on an iPhone 11 Pro Max ;)