Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Universal phone guide for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my guide yesterday, made docking iPhone 7+ much easier, no more fidgeting..
easy install.
I have the Apple leather case on mine and it fits.

Surprised at the poor design of the Tesla model, was disappointed. This universal guide fixed that.

Reactions: skyline
Received the Skyline guides this week - and they work great with the protective case on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Also using their docking connector so the dock will work with a phone that's inside or outside of the case.

We should be switching over to Galaxy S9+ today - and will do testing to verify everything also works with our new phones (inside and outside of cases), after I swap out the microUSB cable for USB-C (which I received from Tesla yesterday).

Though... My wife would really like to see a wireless charger in our Model S and her new Model 3 (which we should order soon, once white seats are available) and eliminate the need for plugging into the car's USB...

I'm new to this. Like, really new to this. My Model S is currently in transit.

Just to make sure I'm perfectly clear, I need the Tesla factory Quick Connection Phone dock, then I want to replace the side guides with these. For an iPhone X with an Apple Leather Case (which, if I'm reading correctly, does not fit well in the standard guides and dock at all)

Am I even close? Is there anyone using the QuickConnector with a iPhone X and a case, or is it just not going to work? (but I need the cable)

Received the Skyline guides this week - and they work great with the protective case on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Also using their docking connector so the dock will work with a phone that's inside or outside of the case.

We should be switching over to Galaxy S9+ today - and will do testing to verify everything also works with our new phones (inside and outside of cases), after I swap out the microUSB cable for USB-C (which I received from Tesla yesterday).

Though... My wife would really like to see a wireless charger in our Model S and her new Model 3 (which we should order soon, once white seats are available) and eliminate the need for plugging into the car's USB...

Glad to hear! S9 should work as well given the dimensions. Please keep us posted! Regarding the wireless charger I would highly recommend subscribing to our newsletter as we're currently working on new product development!

Skyline

I'm new to this. Like, really new to this. My Model S is currently in transit.

Just to make sure I'm perfectly clear, I need the Tesla factory Quick Connection Phone dock, then I want to replace the side guides with these. For an iPhone X with an Apple Leather Case (which, if I'm reading correctly, does not fit well in the standard guides and dock at all)

Am I even close? Is there anyone using the QuickConnector with a iPhone X and a case, or is it just not going to work? (but I need the cable)

Your spot on. The tesla quick connect dock kit will come with a few assortments of guides designed specifically for bare phones. None of these guides will accommodate cases and provide support only for a few predefined phones. The Skyline Universal Guides are "adjustable" so they fit most phones even with cases. You would only use the lower dock from the tesla kit. Please feel free to contact us with questions!

Skyline

Case Friendly USB-C Charging Dock with Cable
back in stock!

USB-C_Render_2.jpg

more to come...

Reactions: DaddyP713
As one of he early purchasers of this universal phone guide, I can testify as to the kind and responsive service the folks at Skyline provide, as well as to the functionality of the product. I did make one small modification which greatly improved its use in my situation. I use an iPhone 6 Plus with an Apple silicone skin on it. The friction between the flexible rubber fins of the guide and the silicone skin made it somewhat difficult to insert the phone. I applied strips of 3M packaging tape (of the sort you'd use to seal cardboard boxes for shipping) to the ends of the fins, and the slipperiness of the tape greatly reduced the grippiness between skin and fin and solved the problem.

As one of he early purchasers of this universal phone guide, I can testify as to the kind and responsive service the folks at Skyline provide, as well as to the functionality of the product. I did make one small modification which greatly improved its use in my situation. I use an iPhone 6 Plus with an Apple silicone skin on it. The friction between the flexible rubber fins of the guide and the silicone skin made it somewhat difficult to insert the phone. I applied strips of 3M packaging tape (of the sort you'd use to seal cardboard boxes for shipping) to the ends of the fins, and the slipperiness of the tape greatly reduced the grippiness between skin and fin and solved the problem.

Thanks for the honest review! We're always looking to improve our parts so this is exactly what we appreciate and look for!

:)Hello. I just Wanted to post about my purchase from Helloskyline. I have a 2014 model S P85D with ludicrous and I found that the factory iPhone connection was insufficient with my iPhone 6S+. I bought this after finding this product on the form and I have to say what a absolute difference it makes! The phone now goes in with no problem stay secure no matter how many launches and I couldn’t be happier. Tip of the hat for coming to the rescue!

Reactions: BHCLUC