Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknowns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's cool, I understand it may be new to some people. My tone may have seemed adversarial, but I didn't mean it to be. I was just trying to point out that this is a feature existing on other vehicles and the functionality can (and most likely would) be the same.

No problema, and thanks. There's a lot about cars that's changed since my 2000 purchase (and I'm excited to jump to the front of the electric wave with the Model S!).

Has anyone figured out what kind of mats will be in the final car? I know at the open house at Santana Row in March the cars had rubber mats. I'm not against it, but most cars of this level have carpet mats.

Also, for my preference I'd like to get a plastic cargo liner for the trunk area. And now that I think about it, I want one for the frunk too. For my current SUV, the cargo liner has worked great for the occasional spill or transportation of dirty things (e.g. potted plants). I'd rather give my money to Tesla if they come up with something, but if a 3rd party offers something first, I'll probably hop on that.

Since I have two young kids, the backs of the front passenger seat and driver seat have mud and footprints from their grubby little feet. I'd like to get something that hangs from the front seat head rest that will keep the backs of the front seats mark free. Something like this (Jeep Back Seat Organizer : Target).

Lastly I will try the car without the center console, but if I decide I need one, I may buy something like this (Eddie Bauer Car Organizer Box : Target) until Tesla reveals what they have planned.

Posts about minimum sound level have been moved (or are in the process of being moved) to the right location: Auto minimum sound level.

If you don't see your original post, give it a little bit of time. Because this was all in the wrong thread and the wrong section of the forum, it's causing a little more work behind the curtain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, for my preference I'd like to get a plastic cargo liner for the trunk area. And now that I think about it, I want one for the frunk too. For my current SUV, the cargo liner has worked great for the occasional spill or transportation of dirty things (e.g. potted plants). I'd rather give my money to Tesla if they come up with something, but if a 3rd party offers something first, I'll probably hop on that.

Since I have two young kids, the backs of the front passenger seat and driver seat have mud and footprints from their grubby little feet. I'd like to get something that hangs from the front seat head rest that will keep the backs of the front seats mark free. Something like this (Jeep Back Seat Organizer : Target).

Scotchgard? I too would also like to see liners for the trunk and frunk.