Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unmarked Roads - Autopilot vs. FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that Autopilot won't work on unmarked roads. If I purchased FSD - will that feature become available for me? Ditto for stop signs/stop lights? Or do I need to wait for the FSD 8.x beta release to become available to mere mortals...

Well...I'm not sure I agree that FSD beta works on unmarked roads. It's true that it will drive on unmarked roads, but it centers itself on the road, which is really unnerving. I don't understand why it won't stay on the right side.
Agreed, barely useable in current form, at least in my neighborhood. Not only does it ride the center line, it will brake frequently and steer erratically. It's strange because the visualization is accurately displaying the curvature of the road, but the car seems very uncertain. I also noticed it's gotten worse as leaves have begun to accumulate on the roads.

Reactions: Krock65
Well...I'm not sure I agree that FSD beta works on unmarked roads. It's true that it will drive on unmarked roads, but it centers itself on the road, which is really unnerving. I don't understand why it won't stay on the right side.
FSD Beta "works" on unmarked roads. AP wouldn't even engage on unmarked roads.

Yes - it doesn't drive like humans do and its WIP - but it "works". I mean its early access beta, after all.