Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unresponsive Tesla Advisor -- what's the best way to escalate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, I get that it's probably(?) busy for the Tesla reps right now, but trying to work with the Inside Advisors at Tesla has been an awful. I typically 1) don't get a response, 2) get a response that doesn't actually address the question I have, or 3) have to follow up multiple times before I finally get a response.

My question is: can I just change advisors? I've tried looking into that but haven't found an answer.

I changed my SA after I rejected delivery (MY) at the end of June.

I walked into another SC and spoke with a SA. I explained to him that I didn't have a good delivery experience and wondered if someone could help me out.

He explained that each customer is paired with an SA and Sr. Operations Advisor. The Sr. OA and SA work together as a team: the Sr. OA assigns the VIN and the SA deals with day-to-day questions with the customer. To change my SA, he said he needs to ask permission from the other team.

The other team granted permission and since then it's been a good experience.. if I send my new SA an email for an update or any question, he responds promptly as long as he's working. Plus he promised to personally deliver my MY so hopefully my 2nd VIN will be okay :) Good luck!

Reactions: ev_newbie
I changed my SA after I rejected delivery (MY) at the end of June.

I walked into another SC and spoke with a SA. I explained to him that I didn't have a good delivery experience and wondered if someone could help me out.

He explained that each customer is paired with an SA and Sr. Operations Advisor. The Sr. OA and SA work together as a team: the Sr. OA assigns the VIN and the SA deals with day-to-day questions with the customer. To change my SA, he said he needs to ask permission from the other team.

The other team granted permission and since then it's been a good experience.. if I send my new SA an email for an update or any question, he responds promptly as long as he's working. Plus he promised to personally deliver my MY so hopefully my 2nd VIN will be okay :) Good luck!

Thanks Mayday, will give this a try!

Would like to change mine too. When I did finally get ahold of him, he was condescending. He also told me things that are incorrect. Either he is ill informed himself or was just trying BS to get me off the phone.
Might get to change...

Attachments

• 30676A53-6268-4989-A801-1EA6CD8E7648.png
    30676A53-6268-4989-A801-1EA6CD8E7648.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 480
I’m in this boat also. My SA doesn’t answer emails or text messages. I asked if email or text was better to reach her and she responded “I check my text messages every few hours and my emails every day.” Does that mean she checks her emails once a day?

I used a new to me lender, who was apparently new to Tesla also. I suspect they didn’t reference my account when they wired the money to Tesla since Tesla hasn’t posted the payment to my account in over a week.

I called the delivery center where I found my vehicle was going (5 hour drive away) and am receiving much better responses. He says the problem is with the finance department and asked for the wire confirmation email again. Problem is that if this isn’t resolved first thing in the morning, they will ship my vehicle to me where I would rather go pick it up.

The SA being slow to respond to messages is not helping on getting this issue resolved between my lender and Tesla. Glad to have someone in Kansas City that is very helpful. At least I know my vehicle is there waiting for me.

A complete newbie here. Picked up my MY on 12/12/2020. Talked to the guy who worked/filled out my delivery paperwork and that was that. You guys mentioned SA. Is he my SA or is it the guy I placed my order with last month at the mall? Thanks.

A complete newbie here. Picked up my MY on 12/12/2020. Talked to the guy who worked/filled out my delivery paperwork and that was that. You guys mentioned SA. Is he my SA or is it the guy I placed my order with last month at the mall? Thanks.

He is your delivery advisor and the guy you ordered your car with at the mall is/could be your sales advisor.

To be fair, I get that it's probably(?) busy for the Tesla reps right now, but trying to work with the Inside Advisors at Tesla has been an awful. I typically 1) don't get a response, 2) get a response that doesn't actually address the question I have, or 3) have to follow up multiple times before I finally get a response.

My question is: can I just change advisors? I've tried looking into that but haven't found an answer.

Similar to my situation. When I test drove a model Y and 3 I was assigned an SA. Nice enough fellow but not very communicative via text. I placed an order on 10/28 for a Y on line. He would respond after being patched through after a phone call but future questions were left unanswered. Radio silence sometimes for days until I made another call. I ended up canceling that order. I called the Tesla Center and asked to be assigned a different SA and they said no problem. I ended up asking him to locate a later VIN number car and he found several incoming cars to choose from. Placed an order for a white with white interior on 12/12 and hope to pick it up 12/28.

He is your delivery advisor and the guy you ordered your car with at the mall is/could be your sales advisor.
Thanks, skgolf. So the delivery guy was indifferent (attitude) when i talked to him about the ding on my hood. Meh. On the other hand, the sales guy/adv was very nice and attentive to my questions and concerns. Guess I don't have a service adv guy yet until in 2 weeks when I bring my car in for the hood replacement and other bodywork issues.

I ordered my MY LR 20’ induction wheels black interior, no tow. Order date was Nov 27. The original timeframe was 4-8 weeks. Changed to 2-5 weeks. Then to dec 10-31 then to dec 10-28th. Now it’s dec 15-28. No VIN, emailed rep, he said I should be getting vin shortly (this was on the 11th) and I should get the car tentatively on 16th. Hoping for delivery December 2020 so
I can get those free supercharging miles!
What you guys think?

I ordered my MY LR 20’ induction wheels black interior, no tow. Order date was Nov 27. The original timeframe was 4-8 weeks. Changed to 2-5 weeks. Then to dec 10-31 then to dec 10-28th. Now it’s dec 15-28. No VIN, emailed rep, he said I should be getting vin shortly (this was on the 11th) and I should get the car tentatively on 16th. Hoping for delivery December 2020 so
I can get those free supercharging miles!
What you guys think?
I think you'll probably get it before the year ends, from what you're saying. I ordered mine 11/11, picked up 12/12, so basically one month from the order. 12/12 is when the 1 yr unlimited miles goes into effect and obviously i barely made the cut, so that was nice. I talked to the sales guy and he said that i'm qualified, so we'll see.

Yeah, my SA doesn't respond to any method of communication, voicemails, emails, text... I've had better luck calling the showroom and selecting "sales" (they actually answer that). I guess there is no incentive for these people to actually respond...

Same here for our Model Y in Paramus, NJ. He responded to a few text messages but stopped responding. We had to call the same way you did and got the answers we were looking for. I don't know how he still has a job or if he still does.. We had a totally different experience for our model 3 from Short hills mall. He responded every email and text messages.