Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusually high mileage on new Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I just received my final delivery paperwork for my car to be delivered this Saturday. I noticed the car has 50 miles on it already. This is my first Tesla, but it seems unusually high for a new vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this with their Model 3 or other Tesla models? Is there any chance someone else had this vehicle before me and Tesla is selling it as “new”? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Yes everyone’s paperwork says 50 miles on it. When I took delivery I believe my odometer actually read 18 miles. Think of it as a good thing if the odometer reading is a little higher than you would expect. I’m pretty sure a chunk of that 18 miles on my Model 3 was Tesla picking my car at random at the end of the production line and doing some quick QA testing on it.

It does get driven some during the manufacturing and delivery process. I've had access to three "off the truck" Teslas and each one has had sub 20 miles on the odometer. I have to imagine that if the post manufacturing test drive indicates any rework necessary, you might get a car with immaterially higher mileage, hence the swag of 50mi.