Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP lowering kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have installed pictures on their MS? How do you like it?

I'm looking at the pictures on Unplugged website but looks like the rear sits a little too low and can't be adjusted.

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated

here are some pictures of the UP lowering bracket

pictures of the car are on standard setting which is 28 Inches from ground to fender

low setting will measure to 27.5 inches
IMG_7204.jpg

Rather than fixed brackets, go for lowering links that adjust, or if you're like me, 3D print lower links that are exactly as long as what you'd like for a drop. I chose +6mm longer links at all corners which produces very similar to the car picture posted above. I think +7mm would be bang-on match to what is pictured.

Reactions: logan
Rather than fixed brackets, go for lowering links that adjust, or if you're like me, 3D print lower links that are exactly as long as what you'd like for a drop. I chose +6mm longer links at all corners which produces very similar to the car picture posted above. I think +7mm would be bang-on match to what is pictured.

I don't know how tesla suspension is set up but how can you 3d print a bracket that will actually handle the forces and weight of a heavy vehicle? I'm interested to know and think this would be a better route to go if it's more customizable and cost effective.

I don't know how tesla suspension is set up but how can you 3d print a bracket that will actually handle the forces and weight of a heavy vehicle? I'm interested to know and think this would be a better route to go if it's more customizable and cost effective.
It' not a load bearing part. If you take the wheels off you can see where the links attach to a rather flimsy piece of metal.

Just chiming in on topics - the nature of it is not structural, it is positioning. In particular however it is easy to have challenges with 3D printed parts so we wanted to solve for a high accuracy and drama free solution. Particular challenges include:

Handling - The factory shocks have a degradation of handling comfort and performance if they are used at a ride height outside of the usable range. When a car is too low it can ride quite bouncy (and create excessive wear on the shock). We engineered our brackets to stay within what we feel is the sweet spot of the factory air shock's valving.
*We also last year reverse engineered the factory air shock valving and created our own plug and play air shocks with new adjustable valving that make the car ride better and handle better at lower heights.
Plug-n-Play High-Performance Shocks for Air Suspension for Tesla Model S - Unplugged Performance

Install - Getting the car set up at correct heights on all four corners can be a headache but we optimized our design to provide repeatable and pre-calibrated install. Additionally the brackets don't even need to come out to go back to stock height as we preset stock heights into the brackets as an optional second setting. This all saves time and drama with trying to get everything even.
For anyone seeking more info on the brackets discussed, here's a link:
Sports Air Suspension Lowering Kit for Tesla Model S - Unplugged Performance

For sure people can 3D print anything and lower their car however they want, we just took a different approach to our development for the reasons above since we felt the Model S and X air suspension deserved a fully engineered and pre-calibrated solution.

Thanks for the response UP, I've been involved with aftermarket automotive for over 25yrs including racecar fabrication, and custom show car restorations (chevys) So having something that is spot on is important. Not sure until I actually saw how these interface I would be with a 3d printed part. I agree on having the sweet spot so the shock still can perform its duties properly and actually maintain a smooth ride.
Question? how does this work/compare/interface/limit with the new raven suspension?

Reactions: UnpluggedP
dk10438 - there was a lengthy review in the fb modifications group thread by John Boylan. I'll copy it here:

"
Hello Everyone
So I just wanted to share and give a quick review on the Unplugged Performance Plug-n-Play High-Performance Shocks for Air Suspension. I am not being paid by UP or endorsed by them at all just a normal customer.
I was on the fence for awhile whether I should buy them and put them in my P100D. I really was just thinking they would be too stiff for normal driving and even though I really want more performance I thought they would be too much. My previous car was a Nissan GT-R R35 and I currently still have some Mazda RX-7’s. These are sporty cars and handle the road really well. So going to the Tesla I always thought about how it was too soft a suspension for how much power and weight it has. Well after talking with Ben from UP he said they always thought the same as well that the Tesla’s suspension was too soft. I have my car lowered with their air suspension lowering brackets as well from UP and I found when lowered without the new UP shocks it was a bit softer yet because of less air pressure in the shocks at the low setting.
Well after installing these which was really easy for me since I have worked on my other cars in the past as well. These shocks are a game changer!! All I can say to anyone thinking if they should do it or not, DO IT! You will not look back! They make the car feel much more solid and it handles so much better. It feels like it is glued to the road. You can take corners like never before. The suspension feels much more matched to the power now of the P100D, moreover the ride is not harsh at all, yes the ride is a little stiffer but nothing really to noticeable. I would say this would still be a great choice for any model S though not just the performance models.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I am posting this on a few Facebook groups and TMC to get people aware of how good these are, Unplugged Performance did an amazing job of tuning these correctly for our cars. Definitely consider these if you want your Tesla to handle much better.

Here is the link to them if you want to check them out and again I am not being paid for this, this is just how much I love them.

https://unpluggedperformance.com/…/model-s-plug-n-play-per…/

John"