Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Greetings from Tesla Motors!

Since the Model S was first unveiled back in March, we have seen remarkable interest and have taken a tremendous amount of reservations in just a few months! We are thrilled to have you on board as a future owner and we look forward to keeping you informed of the latest developments through emails like this one and through updates in the Owner's Area.

I may have spoken with you already, if not, let me introduce myself. My name is Matthew Zatto and I am the customer advocate for Model S. Should you have any questions or suggestions going forward; please send them my way. My goal is to make the Owner's Area a useful and informative resource while you await the production of your special car.

One of the most intriguing and revolutionary aspects of the Model S is the 17" infotainment touchscreen. View a recent presentation from Tesla's Chief Designer about how we arere-inventing the driving experience.

Recently, we displayed the Model S in two of the most prestigious car events in the World – The Concorso Italiano during the Pebble Beach, CA auto show weekend in August and the Frankfurt International Motor Show last month. You can see all the latest Model S event images in the 'insider gallery' of the Owner's Area. The Frankfurt show's undoubted theme was hybrid and electric vehicles, with all eyes focused sharply on the Tesla Roadster. The Frankfurter Allgemeine, Germany's main business newspaper, put the Roadster on the cover for its first-day coverage of the show, despite the fact that domestic automakers like Audi, Volkswagen and Mercedes unveiled their own concept EVs.

Our visit started the previous week with the opening of Tesla's German flagship Store, Tesla Store Munich. The Model S prototype is currently on display at the Munich Store. I will be releasing more information on the prototype's showroom and event schedule in the next update.

I would also like to introduce two of the top engineers leading the Model S project: Peter Rawlinson and Henry Brice. "It's truly an honor to work alongside Peter and Henry, who represent the best and the brightest of the automotive industry said Tesla CEO Elon Musk. "They've engineered and manufactured some of the world's most recognizable and acclaimed vehicles – from concept to assembly line. This is precisely the type of depth and breadth of expertise we are aggressively recruiting to ensure that the Model S will be a superlative product."
I look forward to keeping you apprised of the latest and greatest developments from the Model S project!
Best regards,
Matt

Tesla Motors - Model S Update