Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 15th Jan, got email to expect delivery 4th March. It's on the ship!
That's cool you got a specific date. Happy to hear you're on the ship too, you must of been pretty close to the closing window for this shipment.
My email on the 25th of Jan said it'll arrive at the Auckland Delivery Center in late February and that'd I would receive an email in coming weeks to self-schedule collection, so hopefully I get that email soon.

That's cool you got a specific date. Happy to hear you're on the ship too, you must of been pretty close to the closing window for this shipment.
My email on the 25th of Jan said it'll arrive at the Auckland Delivery Center in late February and that'd I would receive an email in coming weeks to self-schedule collection, so hopefully I get that email soon.
I had the same email. Hoping I can get a fixed date soon so I can plan my leave and arrange travel to Auckland

I ordered mine on the 6th Jan 2022. I can see some people ordered after my date. Does anyone know why this happens? do they select buyers randomly or my advisor being away?
We ordered the exact same day. Don't have an exact ETA, delivery date or invoice. Just the "Payments" details under "Next Steps" on my Tesla Account.

Which config did you get? I ordered White with White interior & standard wheels. Did you look for your VIN# in the source?

We ordered the exact same day. Don't have an exact ETA, delivery date or invoice. Just the "Payments" details under "Next Steps" on my Tesla Account.

Which config did you get? I ordered White with White interior & standard wheels. Did you look for your VIN# in the source?
yea same here. just curious how the orders are managed. I got model 3 SR black interior and standard wheels. I do have a vin assigned through the source but no updates as of yet :(

yea same here. just curious how the orders are managed. I got model 3 SR black interior and standard wheels. I do have a vin assigned through the source but no updates as of yet :(
Hopefully we're receiving later this month & not march. Fingers crossed we get the delivery email soon. Have you tried calling for some further info?

My account says: "Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."
Since you're in Auckland that should hopefully speed up your delivery time.

Ordered on 14 Nov 2021. Received TXT on 26 Jan saying payment received (requested by Tesla before 1 Feb 2022). Received TXT today (4 Feb 2022) with registration plate number but still no delivery date. I am based in Wellington though.

Hopefully we're receiving later this month & not march. Fingers crossed we get the delivery email soon. Have you tried calling for some further info?

My account says: "Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."
Since you're in Auckland that should hopefully speed up your delivery time.
I'll give my advisor a call on Tuesday and let you know:) yea hopefully the end of march. how early do you have to have your payment completed by? does making payments early secure a spot earlier?

I'll give my advisor a call on Tuesday and let you know:) yea hopefully the end of march. how early do you have to have your payment completed by? does making payments early secure a spot earlier?
Cool thanks.
I'm unsure. My take is that you're meant to receive an invoice (unsure if it's by email or on the site) which shows vin and details, then you can make payment. If making a payment now secured earlier delivery I'd do it now for sure, but I'm not sure that's the case.
Maybe GSD# or someone else can fill us in.

Cool thanks.
I'm unsure. My take is that you're meant to receive an invoice (unsure if it's by email or on the site) which shows vin and details, then you can make payment. If making a payment now secured earlier delivery I'd do it now for sure, but I'm not sure that's the case.
Maybe GSD# or someone else can fill us in.
I decided to call. Couldn't wait haha.

What I found out;
Ship is arriving 25th of Feb all being well. I thought it was meant to be the 18th... Which maybe it still is since there's a ship called Morning Midas currently docked in Port Kembla, Australia and maybe the next stop is Auckland?
Anyways Tesla is finishing off doing deliveries for the last ship that arrived late Jan. Once completed they will focus on the next batch and start sending out invoices and soon after delivery links.
Don't pay the invoice until advised to or pay 3 business days before scheduled pickup. You can pay 5 business days before incase you're a bit worried about the funds clearing in time. Paying the invoice earlier than that is not advised and will not speed your delivery up.

Looking like early March delivery at this stage then.

Reactions: koukimonster