Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

update in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They told me for every new update who change some WiFi setup or if new option about autopilot, etc....... they need to get permission from the Japanese road régulation .to receive this permission they told me it’s take lot of time that’s why in Japan we are very late about receiving updates

• Informative
Reactions: JayInJapan
I don’t think of it as a competition. I get it when I get it. I almost didn’t mention it because of the bad feelings some get. I hope owners are not calling to demand updates. The Tesla staff has plenty to worry about.

No one mentioned it like competition. That’s just the right of owner. You don’t call for update that is your business, but respect other owners right is the basic.
Updates makes teslas even better. I believe every owner hope tesla getting better in the future.

I don’t think of it as a competition. I get it when I get it. I almost didn’t mention it because of the bad feelings some get. I hope owners are not calling to demand updates. The Tesla staff has plenty to worry about.

is not effectively a competition but for owner of AP2 we would like to have(maybe same as the rest of the Tesla owners in the world) what was promised ,same level as AP1! for example autowipper and autopilot more statable ......and not make ping pong from left to right all the time
but due to Japanese's regulation we can not have all options via smartphone and I think for some other other Tesla owners in Japan are happy if they can know why can not get the same as all other countries

Reactions: takeshiken
I got 2018.20.5 yesterday. I just drove a little bit if regular road and approx 10km of shuto expressway today, and it looks very promising.

- it has much less ping pong-ing at undulations. A little bit, but not scary at all.
- acceleration when a slow car in front moved out is much gentler
- braking when a car is cutting off is also gentler and braking response is quicker, but could be much better
- haven't tested phantom braking issue ; need to test at tunnels and/or at much higher speed

In general this is on par with AP1 on highways and way better on regular roads, in my experience.

Looks like 2018.21.9 75bdbc11 is being pushed to cars in Japan also now.
I wonder if this will update to the new navigation and maps?

I see a lot of "New" owners are impatient about the updates:):):):).
Wow.

Seems like while this update has better auto pilot, the AP gives you more nags (15-20 seconds between nags) than 2018.20.5, which is about 60-65 seconds between nags. Beware...