Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Update: It happened] Track Mode not happening for P3d-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stealth so I'm coming off the aeros. I can already tell a big difference in agility and grip of the car. I'm installing the MPP BBK next week which will shave another 2-3lbs off each wheel.
6 lbs per corner is nice drop and the new rubber makes all the difference.... very nice setup.... I believe those tires are lighter than the stock 18's which are 25 lbs. The Pilot Sport 4S weight in 19 is 24.8 lbs front and 28.6 lbs rear (a lot heavier than I thought). In the 18 inch size its 23.5 lbs for the Pilot Sport 4S (I remember looking this up before)
Source: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires

The stock 235/45R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 has a diameter of 26.3", a width of 9.3", mounts on a 18" rim and has 790 revolutions per mile. It weighs 25 lbs, has a max load of 1653 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 50 psi, a tread depth of 8/32" and should be used on a rim width of 7.5-9".

Last edited:
6 lbs per corner is nice drop and the new rubber makes all the difference.... very nice setup.... I believe those tires are lighter too than the stock 18's Pilot Sport 4S weight is checking.. now
Thanks is what I always planned to do. It's why I didn't want PUP in the first place. Always figured I could put better parts for cheaper. After this I want to install the sport coilovers but it's going to be a while. Need to replenish the coffers.

Reactions: Msjulie and Jtt777
6 lbs per corner is nice drop and the new rubber makes all the difference.... very nice setup.... I believe those tires are lighter than the stock 18's which are 25 lbs. The Pilot Sport 4S weight in 19 is 24.8 lbs front and 28.6 lbs rear (a lot heavier than I thought). In the 18 inch size its 23.5 lbs for the Pilot Sport 4S (I remember looking this up before)
Source: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires

The stock 235/45R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 has a diameter of 26.3", a width of 9.3", mounts on a 18" rim and has 790 revolutions per mile. It weighs 25 lbs, has a max load of 1653 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 50 psi, a tread depth of 8/32" and should be used on a rim width of 7.5-9".
Actually the tires I have are the 235/40/19 and 255/35/19 which are 24.8 and 23.8lbs respectively. So they are a little lighter in the back but the same up front.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Happy to report that Track Mode has arrived to the P3D-. I got it today with v2019.5.15

I put it to the test in some extreme mountain conditions. At first I was somewhat cautious thinking that it might let the tail slide more than I have been accustomed to but as I gained more confidence in its abilities I think it actually handles better than before (very little slide). Regen is indeed more powerful. And the dreaded acceleration limitation dots I use to get are a thing of the past. I could not get any even at 42% SOC, and I tried. The cooling fan is super loud so you can tell it's working hard.

Last edited:
Happy to report that Track Mode has arrived to the P3D-. I got it today with v2019.5.15

I put it to the test in some extreme mountain conditions. At first I was somewhat cautious thinking that it might let the tail slide more than I have been accustomed to but as I gained more confidence in its abilities I think it actually handles better than before (very little slide). Regen is indeed more powerful. And the dreaded acceleration limitation dots I use to get are a thing of the past. I could not get any even at 42% SOC, and I tried. The cooling fan is super loud so you can tell it's working hard.

Crossing my fingers so get the update before my first autox in a week or two! Exciting!!!!

Also, what a roller coaster... you better not be screwing with us. What else is in the release notes?

Reactions: SD_Engnr

Can we get a picture of your energy use while using track mode? ;)

Track mode is confirmed!!! Just got the update.

Attachments

• IMG_20190308_191449.jpg
    IMG_20190308_191449.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20190308_191438.jpg
    IMG_20190308_191438.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 74