Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Update: It happened] Track Mode not happening for P3d-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too easy guys.

View attachment 377508

At some point all of us will have our vision and reflexes degrade to where we can’t drive.

Be thankful that not everyone feels the same way so technology can continue to advance.

My first or 2nd post was something along the lines of not needing AP either. :)

I got a similar rebuke lol.
I'm fine with other people wanting it. It's just not for me. I already had to give up my clutch for this car. I've been driving a manual for 20 years. One step at a time...

Reactions: Perry
So very different from me. I bought the car because it's the best sports sedan under 100k. I like to drive my cars. I don't want my cars driving me.

See, I do too. That's why I already had a really nice sports sedan, fully paid for.

But I also have a job that has a commute that is 99% highway driving, often in traffic, where the car driving you is a vastly better experience in all ways to doing it yourself.

So when I'm commuting the Tesla offers a huge improvement to the paid-for car I already owned- so much so it was worth buying a new car to gain that.

The "driving myself" part? The Tesla is a little better (~10% quicker, though handling is pretty close as I'd modded the existing car a bit)- but nowhere near price-of-a-new-car better than the already paid for car.

If I could've added EAP to my existing sport sedan for double the Tesla EAP price I'd have just done that.

Don't get me wrong, the 3 is an excellent car to actually drive when not using EAP, but so was my previous car. EAP is the huge difference between em.

See, I do too. That's why I already had a really nice sports sedan, fully paid for.

But I also have a job that has a commute that is 99% highway driving, often in traffic, where the car driving you is a vastly better experience in all ways to doing it yourself.

So when I'm commuting the Tesla offers a huge improvement to the paid-for car I already owned- so much so it was worth buying a new car to gain that.

The "driving myself" part? The Tesla is a little better (~10% quicker, though handling is pretty close as I'd modded the existing car a bit)- but nowhere near price-of-a-new-car better than the already paid for car.

If I could've added EAP to my existing sport sedan for double the Tesla EAP price I'd have just done that.

Don't get me wrong, the 3 is an excellent car to actually drive when not using EAP, but so was my previous car. EAP is the huge difference between em.

We go 620 miles to Virginia at least once a year, sometimes twice, and we go 160 miles to Maine, almost weekly in the summer, after a long day of work.

EAP is a game changer for arriving at your destination as a functional human being, and not someone who needs a nap.

And yes...you still get to drive it when you want.

I also have been holding on to my fully paid for sports sedan. It's a 2006 Audi S4. I love the car but I hate paying $90 in gas every week or so because it gets about 15mpg on average That's why I wanted the Model 3. I'm paying 1/10th that in electricity now for a car that is nearly two seconds faster. Now it doesn't quite handle corners as well but in hoping my new wheels, BBK and upgraded sport coilovers will help with that.

I also have been holding on to my fully paid for sports sedan. It's a 2006 Audi S4. I love the car but I hate paying $90 in gas every week or so because it gets about 15mpg on average That's why I wanted the Model 3. I'm paying 1/10th that in electricity now for a car that is nearly two seconds faster. Now it doesn't quite handle corners as well but in hoping my new wheels, BBK and upgraded sport coilovers will help with that.

Well, the 3 is only about 10% quicker than my previous sport sedan (4.5 vs 4.9) so a lot smaller difference.... and while yeah I am saving a couple hundred bucks a month in gas vs electricity, it would take decades to break even on just that aspect of the transaction.

But turning 1 hour of commute a day from "man this is crap" to barely caring it's happening? that's priceless.

Added bonus is I also save almost an hour a month never having to stop for gas vs just plugging in when I get home.

Only thing I really miss, besides being paid for, from the old car is the cooled seats- and being able to remotely set the temp from the app helps mitigate that one as long as I remember to do it shortly before leaving.... be even better if I could pre-program that on a timer/geofence type situation (without giving my tesla credentials to a 3rd party app)

For me it takes more mental energy to babysit the EAP than to drive myself. Been driving for so long that its so automatic for me that its like breathing. I feel it takes no brain power. Often I get to my destination and don't remember anything of the trip or how I got there. I am that disassociated on habitual commutes. EAP for me requires extra brain power that I rather dedicate to my own thoughts. Also there is absolutely no chance I will drive into a lane divider like some cars on EAP have. Silly way to die.

None of this self driving stuff is worth anything to me until it gets good enough where windows are optional, facing forward is optional, and I can sleep, do work, watch movies, play video games, etc. while they drive.

For me it takes more mental energy to babysit the EAP than to drive myself. Been driving for so long that its so automatic for me that its like breathing. I feel it takes no brain power. Often I get to my destination and don't remember anything of the trip or how I got there. I am that disassociated on habitual commutes. EAP for me requires extra brain power that I rather dedicate to my own thoughts. Also there is absolutely no chance I will drive into a lane divider like some cars on EAP have. Silly way to die.

None of this self driving stuff is worth anything to me until it gets good enough where windows are optional, facing forward is optional, and I can sleep, do work, watch movies, play video games, etc. while they drive.
That's why I say it's at least ten years out.

Reactions: Perry
Wow, this thread has really meandered, got bitter, nasty, informative, friendly, back to nasty, to off topic, on topic, then on to upbringing privilege. People have got on and off their soapboxes!

Wow. Why is there so much animosity between everyone... It's what I'd imagine a Trump/No Trump forum to be like!

I love my P3D-. I lucked out with the $5K refund. I'd love track mode. But I can only dream of what it would be like as my wife won't let me take the car to the track. Maybe one day I can head to Button Willow and meet up with some of the friendlier people on this forum and sit in the passenger seat while they drive around!

Wow, this thread has really meandered, got bitter, nasty, informative, friendly, back to nasty, to off topic, on topic, then on to upbringing privilege. People have got on and off their soapboxes!

Wow. Why is there so much animosity between everyone... It's what I'd imagine a Trump/No Trump forum to be like!

I love my P3D-. I lucked out with the $5K refund. I'd love track mode. But I can only dream of what it would be like as my wife won't let me take the car to the track. Maybe one day I can head to Button Willow and meet up with some of the friendlier people on this forum and sit in the passenger seat while they drive around!
I am going on the 31st of March you are more than welcome to come and take a ride (as long as your not some creeper...lol.. Seriously)

I forgot to check the forums for a couple weeks, missed this thread, and tried to catch up. I made it about 5 pages in before I couldn’t take it anymore.

Is the generally gist that I’m getting left out on Track Mode, despite it being advertised prior to a distinction between stealth and regular Performance being made?

Also, unsure why so many pages talking about the $5k rebate we got, that was for FUSC not peace offering for lack of TM (as the regular performance crowd got it as well).

Guess I’ll have to give up on my dreams of eneabling TM for a little fun on an isolated section of my 5am commute, or the occasional snowy parking lot fun.

I forgot to check the forums for a couple weeks, missed this thread, and tried to catch up. I made it about 5 pages in before I couldn’t take it anymore.

Is the generally gist that I’m getting left out on Track Mode, despite it being advertised prior to a distinction between stealth and regular Performance being made?

Also, unsure why so many pages talking about the $5k rebate we got, that was for FUSC not peace offering for lack of TM (as the regular performance crowd got it as well).

Guess I’ll have to give up on my dreams of eneabling TM for a little fun on an isolated section of my 5am commute, or the occasional snowy parking lot fun.
Spoiler alert: later posts included pretty definitive statements from Tesla that stealth TM in 2019.4 soon. Not yet corroborated. So we still don’t know. So chill for now.

Slight tangent but those aeros in the app picture always bugged me and I was told there was nothing could be done. But when I went in for an alignment I asked if they could fix that, using the excuse/reason that when I got a nail in my tire I had to repeat to everyone I had 19" OEM rims on the car not the aeros the picture and records showed. They fixed it for me right there, my app now shows 19" OEM rims and if ever another nail finds my tire, I won't have to remind them what tire to bring..

Small happiness in a first world problem

Damn, you should have asked them to set it to 20” OEM wheels and maybe Track Mode would show up ;)