Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updating a classic Model S TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this thread was resurrected, I'll just follow up by adding that our pre-owned Model S, which we purchased from Tesla in early Autumn 2016, did indeed come with a warranty. Tesla graciously replaced our car's TPMS with the latest version at no cost to us

I guess I jumped to have my early 2013's TPMS fixed too soon! I had no end of problems early on with the TPMS. Tesla re-built the whole system, put in a new receiver module and remote antennae, but all this was done before the newer version that reports individual tire pressures was out!

I guess I jumped to have my early 2013's TPMS fixed too soon! I had no end of problems early on with the TPMS. Tesla re-built the whole system, put in a new receiver module and remote antennae, but all this was done before the newer version that reports individual tire pressures was out!
That’s unfortunate, but I would have been okay with the original TPMS. If I’m going to go through the trouble of inflating one low tire, I’ll generally want to top off the other ones anyway, and I’ll use a pump with a pressure gauge. Still, we appreciate that Tesla used the latest available version when replacing faulty equipment.