Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade MCU1 to MCU2 outside Tesla Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I’m looking for someone to upgrade the the MCU1 in my 2015 P85D Model S (AP1, HW1) to MCU2. I figured I could buy a compatible MCU2 from a 2018 car and send that with my MCU1 to someone to copy the data over. My issue is the eMMC has just failed (probs possible to recover the data) and the display was leaking gel already. So I’d much rather swap it for a newer MCU2 rather than swap the eMMC.

Also FYI, I live in Sri Lanka and there’s no Tesla Service Centre here or else that would have been my first and only choice.

Hi guys, I’m looking for someone to upgrade the the MCU1 in my 2015 P85D Model S (AP1, HW1) to MCU2. I figured I could buy a compatible MCU2 from a 2018 car and send that with my MCU1 to someone to copy the data over. My issue is the eMMC has just failed (probs possible to recover the data) and the display was leaking gel already. So I’d much rather swap it for a newer MCU2 rather than swap the eMMC.

Also FYI, I live in Sri Lanka and there’s no Tesla Service Centre here or else that would have been my first and only choice.
Have you managed with sorting this out?

Upvote 0