Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded drive unit undertrays on newer M3P(maybe me on M3 as well)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the skid plate from RPM Tesla? Wondering how it compares to MPP. Also, RPM is semi local so I can just go pick it up.

Anyone have the skid plate from RPM Tesla? Wondering how it compares to MPP. Also, RPM is semi local so I can just go pick it up.

One is simply cut from sheet alu vs a stamped and formed sheet with damping made to reduce noise and painted. It's pretty clear which is more detailed.

One is simply cut from sheet alu vs a stamped and formed sheet with damping made to reduce noise and painted. It's pretty clear which is more detailed.

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Both are certainly more robust than the stock felt piece, but the MPP one is considerably thicker and more durable which will offer better protection to the battery.

Who has an official weight of the product? Manufacturers tend to play games to make their products appear superior.

I'll weigh mine. MPP is certainly not one to knowingly misrepresent their products.

Hi guys, yes you're right the weight is listed incorrectly on our website! Sorry for that oversight but I can assure you it is not intentional - it is in the shipping dimensions area on the product information, which we filled out low to reduce shipping rates.

We'll be sure to update it :)

In addition, we designed this plate originally for the Model Y where weight was not the primary concern, we have considered making a lightweight version in the future for us weight-sensitive Model 3 owners :)

Reactions: Mike1080i and tm1v2