Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded SR Partial Audio to Full Premium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright just so I want to make sure....
On my amp...I connect the B pillar speaker wires...4 total to the INPUT hardness where it says "front"
Then I connect the 4 wires from the back shelf to the corresponding OUTPUT wires?
Then obviously connect up the 12V to the 12v corresponding wire.

This might be a dumb question..but I ordered the 8 Gauge amp wire kit. Do I still need that if I am only using the Alpine KTP-445U? I dont see how it would connect up.

Alright just so I want to make sure....
On my amp...I connect the B pillar speaker wires...4 total to the INPUT hardness where it says "front"
Then I connect the 4 wires from the back shelf to the corresponding OUTPUT wires?
Then obviously connect up the 12V to the 12v corresponding wire.

This might be a dumb question..but I ordered the 8 Gauge amp wire kit. Do I still need that if I am only using the Alpine KTP-445U? I dont see how it would connect up.

I meant REAR not front. I connect the B pillar wires to the rear input ?

Correct, but I wired my B-pillar wires to both inputs, so I can eventually get audio signal to the tweeters. Sure, I won't be able to use the fader but it's pretty well centered right now. And yes, connect the rear output to the rear shelf speakers.

Also I'm waiting on a replacement plug to do the tweeters right now.

Correct, but I wired my B-pillar wires to both inputs, so I can eventually get audio signal to the tweeters. Sure, I won't be able to use the fader but it's pretty well centered right now. And yes, connect the rear output to the rear shelf speakers.

Also I'm waiting on a replacement plug to do the tweeters right now.

I managed to hook everything up but no sound from the rear shelf. I have a feeling its not getting power via the 12v wire. I am going to recheck tomorrow when its daylight again. Just to be sure, I dont need the 12v 8 gauge kit to the Penthouse because my amp doesn't require it?
I am confused by that part because the amp has two 12v sources. I connected the "remote in" and not the yellow 12v wire. I was under the assumption thats all I needed but I am beginning to think I need to connect my Yellow 12v wire to the penthouse?

Last edited:
I managed to hook everything up but no sound from the rear shelf. I have a feeling its not getting power via the 12v wire. I am going to recheck tomorrow when its daylight again. Just to be sure, I dont need the 12v 8 gauge kit to the Penthouse because my amp doesn't require it?
I am confused by that part because the amp has two 12v sources. I connected the "remote in" and not the yellow 12v wire. I was under the assumption thats all I needed but I am beginning to think I need to connect my Yellow 12v wire to the penthouse?
I don’t have this amp, but looking at the manual the yellow wire needs to connect to the penthouse 12v using the 8 gauge wire. This is the amps main power. And the black wire needs to connect to ground using the 8 gauge wire. The blue/white wire needs to connect to VCLeft 12v usually using a blue wire in your amp wiring kit. This second 12v is used to switch your amp on/off.

I just finished connecting my front tweeters. So far I would say it’s ok, not a big difference like the rear shelf speakers. Also I have the hiss issue as well on these speakers and it is quite noticeable now since it’s coming from the front. Curious to see if you notice any hiss from your front tweeters when you get them connected.

I don’t have this amp, but looking at the manual the yellow wire needs to connect to the penthouse 12v using the 8 gauge wire. This is the amps main power. And the black wire needs to connect to ground using the 8 gauge wire. The blue/white wire needs to connect to VCLeft 12v usually using a blue wire in your amp wiring kit. This second 12v is used to switch your amp on/off.

Alright thanks for the help. I will hook that up tomorrow.

First off a big thanks to PLUR and fstr on the TOO forum for getting a lot of this info out there, I couldn't do it without their hard work.

STEP 6:
Using T-taps or Posi-Tap connectors, splice into the subwoofer inputs on the front left and right sides. These wires will be looped together on each side. Driver side is (Blue -, White +). Passenger side is (Black -, Orange +).

!

Thanks for positing this as I am starting to plan this project. A couple of questions.

On step 6, where are you exactly tapping to get the subwoofer inputs? I am assuming this is the door woofers, but where is it?

Also the picture attachment for the B-Pillar inputs seems to be broken.

Ugh....I connected everything up..even the amp kit and still no sound. I know the amp is getting power because its warm. Also I restarted the car twice to see if that would help and i hard a pop sound out of the back speakers. I doubled checked the connections and everything seems fine. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

Ugh....I connected everything up..even the amp kit and still no sound. I know the amp is getting power because its warm. Also I restarted the car twice to see if that would help and i hard a pop sound out of the back speakers. I doubled checked the connections and everything seems fine. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

Re-check alllll your wiring. I had the same issue as you lol. I found my T-tap connectors were all messed up not going in properly. Had loose wires I swore were crimped correctly.

Let's see some pics of your setup, even if it's messy.

Re-check alllll your wiring. I had the same issue as you lol. I found my T-tap connectors were all messed up not going in properly. Had loose wires I swore were crimped correctly.

Let's see some pics of your setup, even if it's messy.

I have one more thing to do tomorrow after going back thru this thread. I didnt cut the 4 rear shelf speaker wires....I just T-Tapped them...not sure if that is making a difference. Will cut them and connect them tomorrow. Hopefully that is the problem.

Just a sub? Yea there a bunch, this is the typical form factor. A little flatter than a standard mason brick You could actually put this behind the passenger side backseat cushion(between the seat and door)

I recommend this one as you can tap into the front door woofer on that side to get your line in and use the amp 'line detection setting' instead of running a separate 12v switch line. And you'll be super close to the pent house power line for a short power run.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioc...f8_s-r5itBIHr7oxlGDhk_D9KSlzXSSIaAsnFEALw_wcB

I meant to say a sub that supports the speakers and 1 sub. Any that would fit under the seats?

can someone do a You tube video on this install? Also, will it work with a SR? I do not have immersive sound. The immersive sound was a lot better than no immersive (once they took it away). I cant believe how bad my audio sounds.

can someone do a You tube video on this install? Also, will it work with a SR? I do not have immersive sound. The immersive sound was a lot better than no immersive (once they took it away). I cant believe how bad my audio sounds.

I would have done a video but it was just too hot and dark to make anything decent where I was working. Now fortunately this does work with the SR! The immersive sound feature (I believe) just plays with the existing speaker outputs, but I can't confirm. If you just upgrade to the rear speakers you will notice a huge improvement in sound quality.