Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded To OEM Performance Brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all if anyone came upon
jumper harness RH 1098481-00-D
please feel free to message me. Thank you in advance
I have P3D+, was exploring a rear caliper change to Model S Mando caliper, which has the same connector as the Model 3 Base Mando caliper. I was able to buy the Model 3 base caliper jumper harness from my Service Center despite the part not designated for my car. The price was $49 new. Check With your service center. The trick is to enter the part number and ask them to order it in the note section of the appointment app. You can find all the part number from Tesla catalog.

Last edited:
I have P3D+, was exploring a rear caliper change to Model S Mando caliper, which has the same connector as the Model 3 Base Mando caliper. I was able to buy the Model 3 base caliper jumper harness from my Service Center despite the part not designated for my car. The price was $49 new. Check With your service center. The trick is to enter the part number and ask them to order it in the note section of the appointment app. You can find all the part number from Tesla catalog.
ive been looking around to find out how to change my rwd lr rear calipers to model S. can you explain or point me to the right place. what parts are needed. thanks

ive been looking around to find out how to change my rwd lr rear calipers to model S. can you explain or point me to the right place. what parts are needed. thanks

I have a spare set of Model S Mando rear calipers. It is a direct plug-in and bolt-on to Model 3 non-P. If you are interested, please DM me.

This is the Tesla parts catalog. Registration and use is free for public https://epc.tesla.com/#/login

Reactions: Wei Li

Hi do you have any picture of your rear by any chance ?

@ling1188 Took a picture of my Tesla rear caliper collection.

95B29E1D-F07E-4726-ACF5-347D626AF31A.jpeg

I don't even know what to think about those calipers. Brembo is keep pushing this monoblock feature like it's an advantage, while it's not. Pad change is harder, rigidity vs weight is lower.

Apparently it's another organic design where they scrubbed most of metal that has low tensile load during simulation, so it should be light, but it's starting to look weird for my personal taste.

I wish somebody had a time to make test fixture to measure flex under load and time to boil fluid by heating pads. I don't know why not a single caliper developer puts competition and own design to public tests...

By the looks and description on site it's a new bread of mid class Brembo performance street caliper. Should be not bad.

Reactions: Theraven
It's not looking bad and I'm all for function. It looks like Batman got side kick in the head :) Might look different on a wheel, though. Anyway, I'm glad we getting more choices now, so share your experience, please.