Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded To OEM Performance Brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pictures of the Rotora Kit. I finally got them installed but i haven't had the time to take any pictures with them on the car.

Rotora Super Challenge Kit - Forged Caliper with titanium Pistons, anti-knockback springs.
Fronts 6 pison with 2 pc rotor 380mm x 32
Rears 4 Piston with 2 pc rotor 350mm x 29mm - retains factory parking brake.

I wish I would have seen those silver calipers with silver rotor hats when I ordered mine back in May. Looks rad.

Last edited:
The super challenge kit list price 4495.00 per axle

Street challenge kit list price 3395. Per axle.

No, parking brake is an external unit that uses the stock EPB motor. It works really well.

like brembo, you mean the tesla Pup caliper made by brembo, correct? Brembo doesn’t make a BBK with integrated parking brake for the rear. I wish they did though.

It looks like they put genuine effort into making this kit, I'm impressed. Price is a bit shocking, though. I am curious to know the weights of everything.

It looks like they put genuine effort into making this kit, I'm impressed. Price is a bit shocking, though. I am curious to know the weights of everything.

Using the rear set as an example:

Rotora 2pc Rotor (350x29): 14lbs 11oz
Stock 2pc Rotor (335x20: 14lbs 4.4oz
MPP (GiroDisc) (335x20): 13lbs 9.5oz

Rotora Caliper+brackets+pads+ parking brake actuator:8lbs 7.2oz
Stock PUP Caliper+pads(Bracket built in): 9lbs 9.6oz

Ill have info on the fronts after the weekend hopefully. I forgot to weigh the calipers before installing so i have to take them off to weigh them.

Yah, definitely had some sticker shock with the pricing. Ill double check to see if its correct, but that was the msrp on my invoice. Street challenge is more in line with the Brembo GT6 Kit. But it uses different aluminum though.

Last edited:
Using the rear set as an example:

Rotora 2pc Rotor (350x29): 14lbs 11oz
Stock 2pc Rotor (335x20: 14lbs 4.4oz
MPP (GiroDisc) (335x20): 13lbs 9.5oz

Rotora Caliper+brackets+pads+ parking brake actuator:8lbs 7.2oz
Stock PUP Caliper+pads(Bracket built in): 9lbs 9.6oz

Ill have info on the fronts after the weekend hopefully. I forgot to weigh the calipers before installing so i have to take them off to weigh them.

Yah, definitely had some sticker shock with the pricing. Ill double check to see if its correct, but that was the msrp on my invoice. Street challenge is more in line with the Brembo GT6 Kit. But it uses different aluminum though.

Not so bad in term of price !!! Brembo m6 was 4695$ msrp!

Not so bad in term of price !!! Brembo m6 was 4695$ msrp!

One has been around for a long time with track record of winning at all level of Motorsports. And is OE on many vehicles from mainstream to hyper cars. The other, not so much. o_O It would be hard for most consumers to pay similar price for products coming from two different brands with vastly different history and market recognitions.

Last edited:
One has been around for a long time with track record of winning at all level of Motorsports. And is OE on many vehicles from mainstream to hyper cars. The other, not so much. o_O It would be hard for most consumers to paid similar price for products coming from two different brands with vastly different history and reputation.

That was exactly my concern. I was expecting it to be quite a bit cheaper.

While Rotora defiantly doesn't have the history and accolades brembo does, it isn't a brand new company. It goes back to the late 90's but is probably more popular/well known with the Japanese tuning crowd. The hats and calipers (for my kit at least) were definitely machined and coated/anodized in Southern California, and i think raw forgings for the calipers and blanks for the rotors are from Japan.

While i cant speak to performance on track, Quality looks as good as the Brembo kit i have and i haven't had any issues.

Also,not that it makes up for the price, the kits include DOT approved Stainless steel brake lines that are also made in house in California.

Last edited:
While Rotora defiantly doesn't have the history and accolades brembo does, it isn't a brand new company. It goes back to the late 90's but is probably more popular/well known with the Japanese tuning crowd. The hats and calipers (for my kit at least) were definitely machined and coated/anodized in Southern California, and i think raw forgings for the calipers and blanks for the rotors are from Japan.

While i cant speak to performance on track, Quality looks as good as the Brembo kit i have and i haven't had any issues.

Also,not that it makes up for the price, the kits include DOT approved Stainless steel brake lines that are also made in house in California.

How does it feel on the track? Would love to hear some more in depth comparisons.

BTW. I was into JDM in 90’s to early 2000, BBK was rare, it was Brembo or maybe Spoon if you are into Honda and had money to burn.

Regardless of the history. More options, more better.

F322254F-0EE1-4FD2-B74A-DB2604F92CD3.jpeg

i buy it in Taiwan! But I am pretty sure is safe as Tesla 3 coming from china :p:p:po_O or California lollllll so many flaw ....... o_O

I had some AP with Taiwanese rotors on my other car, the set was fine until 3000km later I heard knocking rattling sound. Inspected suspension and all the braces but found nothing. After paying tons of money, it was actually the drive pins could not sit properly on the rotor, as told by the seller, it's frequent problems to Asian (Taiwanese and Malaysian) rotors. I had to upgrade to the AP ones, just sharing, it may not happen to you.

I had some AP with Taiwanese rotors on my other car, the set was fine until 3000km later I heard knocking rattling sound. Inspected suspension and all the braces but found nothing. After paying tons of money, it was actually the drive pins could not sit properly on the rotor, as told by the seller, it's frequent problems to Asian (Taiwanese and Malaysian) rotors. I had to upgrade to the AP ones, just sharing, it may not happen to you.

exactly may not happen :) I buy my first Tesla last year ( American car ) and change like 4 time rear tail light water inside , problem with paint , all part miss align ....

so yes maybe you have something wrong with your rotor ! But seriously never have problem with Taiwan stock . But will see :)

anyway everyone will say it not good but who care !

View attachment 579011
finally install !!! 370x22mm
So it's stock model 3 or model s rear?
I put RB 365x28 kit with model s rear and glad it's not larger rotor, because there is only few mm left from Stahlbus Bleeding valves.
PSX_20200821_201910.jpg

Ah, btw, Stahlbus works - can bleed and flush alone, very convenient. But price is stupid and in the rear any stone inside the wheel is going to kill the cap on my setup.
PSX_20200821_202018.jpg

So it's stock model 3 or model s rear?
I put RB 365x28 kit with model s rear and glad it's not larger rotor, because there is only few mm left from Stahlbus Bleeding valves.
View attachment 579040
Ah, btw, Stahlbus works - can bleed and flush alone, very convenient. But price is stupid and in the rear any stone inside the wheel is going to kill the cap on my setup.
View attachment 579039

mine are stock rear performance caliper with rotor 370x22mm!! perfect fit

Reactions: beastmode13
mine are stock rear performance caliper with rotor 370x22mm!! perfect fit
Ah, right, that's why it's 22mm - you need Model S caliper to put 28mm rotor. Anyway, by the looks, I wouldn't be surprised that your rotor has more heat capacity. So I'm hoping for much better ventilation instead (they actually significantly colder after hot laps now than front). Plus I can't use 20 inch - not enough rubber for the track.

What's the brand, after all?

Ah, right, that's why it's 22mm - you need Model S caliper to put 28mm rotor. Anyway, by the looks, I wouldn't be surprised that your rotor has more heat capacity. So I'm hoping for much better ventilation instead (they actually significantly colder after hot laps now than front). Plus I can't use 20 inch - not enough rubber for the track.

What's the brand, after all?
someone make it for me in taiwan :eek:)
no body have this size of rotor on the back ...