Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded Welcome Lights.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have the ambient lighting option and am curious as to whether the wiring harness is installed anyway. Anybody know? I just got some LED strips for the footwells, trunk and frunk. But would love to add ambient if possible.

Thanks!

I think the only way one would know is if they did not have the ambient lighting and took off the door panel. That person would be tough to find. There is one way to find out though: try looking. Definitely report back here.
Now that I think about it, even if the harness is there, do you have the "Ambient Lighting" button on your touchscreen? It's next to the "Dome" light button. If the software for your car is not configured for it, then you would have no method of turning them on.

Nope. No ambient lighting button in the control panel. So I expect the circuit is disabled.

I think the only way one would know is if they did not have the ambient lighting and took off the door panel. That person would be tough to find. There is one way to find out though: try looking. Definitely report back here.
Now that I think about it, even if the harness is there, do you have the "Ambient Lighting" button on your touchscreen? It's next to the "Dome" light button. If the software for your car is not configured for it, then you would have no method of turning them on.