Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading AP cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's definitely the fastest I've gone from wild hair to upgrade installed! Pro-tip - I thought the camera would rotate upward and out of the fender after unclipping the bottom clips - it does not. Get the two lower clips past the sheet metal, then push down on the top of the cameta to get the two upper clips out of the hole. I thought it was an issue with the CF overlay i had on the old one but that wasn't the issue.

New camera view is SO much better. Thanks again @Akikiki!!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Will let you know in a bit if no one beats me to it. I had a software update waiting for me so i started that right after.

Also - 2.0 RCCC camera that came out was p/n 1034344-00-C, which is the (-D is latest version in the EPC). 1034345-00 is the right side HW2.0.

@kdday,

Picture shows notifications from quick drive for errands today No errors. Just alerts when I had Brake on Hold and opened door.
Looks like AP and FSD nada.

Notification 2020724.jpg

Thank you @Akikiki for your work in trying this out (& letting others know). Appreciate it.

Thanks to your response as the new cameras work, I have also ordered a new right turn signal repeater off ebay. Might try to install one & see how it goes (never done any car work myself before) before I order the left one from Tesla

Reactions: captjoemcd
@hmidha, Look up on Youtube for some videos of how to remove the cameras. Here's instructions that I helped with. Camera Upgrade | TeslaTap Take steps to avoid risking your paint. Only take a few minutes, but don't rush and mess up your car.
Once you get them plugged in, check before you push them back into the fender. Make sure they seat properly, so you don't have to pull them again.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
@hmidha, Look up on Youtube for some videos of how to remove the cameras. Here's instructions that I helped with. Camera Upgrade | TeslaTap Take steps to avoid risking your paint. Only take a few minutes, but don't rush and mess up your car.
Once you get them plugged in, check before you push them back into the fender. Make sure they seat properly, so you don't have to pull them again.

Got it! Thanks for the helpful tips!

When I get in my car and have the rear camera up, I push the Part Assist cone to bring up the side cameras. I can't get over the difference in color between 2.0 and 2.0 cameras. wow.

I am sincere when I say, my 2017 S, is a better Tesla today than it was 3 years ago when I bought it.
MCU2 and AP 3.0 cameras just peel the onion back on the better features. I wonder what else they will do to make the drive better, besides FSD.

Last edited:
Spoke with my SC manager and replacing the triple camera requires a manual alignment where they set up a tripod with a target that looks like a barcode and they adjust the cameras to line everything up. I think i'm going to pass on trying this out for the time being.
Wait. Wait until our in-house expert (I'm serious) @kdday figures it out for us and does it himself. No body better at this than him and @Ingineer

Reactions: captjoemcd