Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading to 19s on M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
First post! I am getting my black M3 SR+ in a week and will be upgrading to 19’s the same day. I am in Toronto and will be getting to Pirelli P7s on Fast wheels FC04 in gloss black from 1010tires.

Thinking of selling my stock aero wheels (with tpms) and tires and getting a set of winters on 19s as well. Thoughts? Any reason to stick to the stock 18s for winters? Our winters are so long and I’d rather have have 19s all year long instead of just 6 months for aesthetic purposes.

Hi everyone,
First post! I am getting my black M3 SR+ in a week and will be upgrading to 19’s the same day. I am in Toronto and will be getting to Pirelli P7s on Fast wheels FC04 in gloss black from 1010tires.

Thinking of selling my stock aero wheels (with tpms) and tires and getting a set of winters on 19s as well. Thoughts? Any reason to stick to the stock 18s for winters? Our winters are so long and I’d rather have have 19s all year long instead of just 6 months for aesthetic purposes.
18" winters will be much cheaper than 19" tires, and also the deeper wheel thickness helps with potholes and such. If I were you I'd keep the Aeros for winter. That's the setup I'm running.

Hi Pcons,
I have had a bmw 5 series on 40R19’s for 3 years and never had trouble with them. I will check out the diff in price but I think it wont be more than 300 for all 4
Yeah, you are probably right with the 300-ish more for tires. Maybe a bit more depending on the tire, but in that ballpark. Add to that the cost of the larger rims but if it's worth it to you then I'm not gonna stop you :)

Welcome to the club (cult) btw :cool:

hhmmm, I picked up my M3 this summer, paid the upgrade to the 19" sport rims. I soon afterwards also bought Gloss Black Fast Wheels and then picked up a set of lightly used Michelin XI3 in 19" that I was going to put on the 19" Sport rims, but I actually wished that I had just bought the Aero's to use for winters since I will be making trips to Ottawa from Cambridge a few times through winter and I am just not sure if I will need the extra range from the Aero's or if it will really make a difference.

hhmmm, I picked up my M3 this summer, paid the upgrade to the 19" sport rims. I soon afterwards also bought Gloss Black Fast Wheels and then picked up a set of lightly used Michelin XI3 in 19" that I was going to put on the 19" Sport rims, but I actually wished that I had just bought the Aero's to use for winters since I will be making trips to Ottawa from Cambridge a few times through winter and I am just not sure if I will need the extra range from the Aero's or if it will really make a difference.
The range doesn't make much difference with Aeros imo. I think it was tested by some of the YouTubers to be 3%-ish. So on a full charge depletion (which you should never do) that's an extra 15km of range. So to me it comes down to if you like them, use em. But the range savings basically only help the EPA rating number for the model 3. Real world it makes not much difference.