Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Urgh...my new car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes - Tesla Model 3 interior quality isn't fully on par with HIGHER-TRIM Mercedes / Audi / BMW and Lexus... but then again... where can I buy a 300+ mile rated all-wheel drive Mercedes / Audi / BMW / Lexus EV doing 0-60 in ~4.2 seconds for under $50k ? anyone? Hint: the BMW i4 base will - very likely - cost several $k more than a Model 3 AWD. I guess those $10k buy you nicer leather seats...

Many Tesla owners remind me of BMW motorcycle owners (I own both) so ridiculous and picky to the point of ridiculous mi i. Just a general statement not in reference to the OP. This paranoia caused me when I got my car to go over every inch with a fine tooth comb, I have never ever done that with a single vehicle and when I just did the same thing on my Honda and Nissan for fun, I found many issues with it. Sometimes we are just ridiculous, it is a machine built by cheap labor, did my car have Minor issues yes, at this point I will never buy anything except a Tesla, between the tech, power, and the entire experience there is nothing like it.

I agree with everything you said except being a loyal tesla customer...tesla need competition, and I can't wait till other players come into this market. So far, it seems Kona electric was the closest in terms of cost, range, and automation.

yes - Tesla Model 3 interior quality isn't fully on par with HIGHER-TRIM Mercedes / Audi / BMW and Lexus... but then again... where can I buy a 300+ mile rated all-wheel drive Mercedes / Audi / BMW / Lexus EV doing 0-60 in ~4.2 seconds for under $50k ? anyone? Hint: the BMW i4 base will - very likely - cost several $k more than a Model 3 AWD. I guess those $10k buy you nicer leather seats...
you're correct...valid points ...that did occur to me, and those points won me over other brands.

Reactions: VT_EE
I picked up my SR+ yesterday, there were panel gaps, broken plastic clips and scratches on mine. I also looked at the door metal folds and thought they were kind of poor. I noted the issues I have with my sales and deliver assistants today so we’ll see how far that goes. While there’s no major issues, it would be nice to have them corrected but I half expect that this is how it is with Tesla right now and accepted it, if they fix it, great, if not, I’ll drive it and move on in a couple of years regardless.

oh man..that sucks. Mine was good overall...just a few interior dirty finger prints and a misaligned hood, and some other issues...but like you..I sorta expected that. I hope to keep this car for 20 years..Do you think it will make it? My previous cars stuck around for ~10-15yrs.