Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Bank end of Lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish there was a good way to judge our vehicle's worth. My residual is approximately $76,000. I guess that I will have 16,000 miles at lease end. My low mileage and reliability record are positives for me. I know my AP hardware is old technology. I really don't know what to do. :confused:
Funny. My residual on my P90D is also 76k
Lease ends in June, I’ll probably extend in for another 6 months to see if a longer battery is coming. If not I’ll buy it out.

Funny. My residual on my P90D is also 76k
Lease ends in June, I’ll probably extend in for another 6 months to see if a longer battery is coming. If not I’ll buy it out.

I was planning to buy mine if it dropped to $69k, but then Elon dropped the price of the P3D by $5k last weekend! It's even harder to justify the Model S. The P3D+ in red is only $64k after the tax credit now...

I've been debating the Model 3 vs buying out the lease on my Model S, too. But the time is getting short to order a Model 3 and still get the full tax rebate, plus I am still ambivalent about the Model 3. It would probably be a "better deal," economically, and it has newer technology, but I would miss the gray leather upholstery in my S, the sunroof, the power liftgate, the instrument cluster in front of me, and the spaciousness that lets me carry huge volumes of "stuff," even if I only need it once in a while. I drove used cars my whole life before I got the S, so I think I could go back to being content with having something that was not the latest technology and latest style. My car has been very reliable, I know its history, and the buyout price is more or less in line with similar CPO cars. (I know, I would not get the CPO warranty, so that is a factor in the price comparison.)
And if i keep procrastinating about making a decision, the decision will be made for me!

I've been debating the Model 3 vs buying out the lease on my Model S, too. But the time is getting short to order a Model 3 and still get the full tax rebate, plus I am still ambivalent about the Model 3. It would probably be a "better deal," economically, and it has newer technology, but I would miss the gray leather upholstery in my S, the sunroof, the power liftgate, the instrument cluster in front of me, and the spaciousness that lets me carry huge volumes of "stuff," even if I only need it once in a while. I drove used cars my whole life before I got the S, so I think I could go back to being content with having something that was not the latest technology and latest style. My car has been very reliable, I know its history, and the buyout price is more or less in line with similar CPO cars. (I know, I would not get the CPO warranty, so that is a factor in the price comparison.)
And if i keep procrastinating about making a decision, the decision will be made for me!

I agree. We have a 3 now. The upholstery is better in the 3 than in our S P90D. I don't miss the instrument cluster, but the 15" touch screen is a bit more cramped than the 17" because it is smaller and it has to do more. I do miss the power lift gate. That seems like a silly cost cutting measure.

The 3 still fits a surprising amount of junk. It just requires a bit more planning. The smugglers compartment in the trunk might even be bigger than in the S.

I will probably miss the absurd power of the P90D, compared to the P3D. I'm going to go drive the P3D again and see...

You could just turn in your car and then take a gamble that you can buy it back for less when it pops up as a CPO car. You'll get the full CPO warranty then...

Reactions: alloverx
@MP3Mike The loaner had 800 miles on it and a VIN of 89,XXX. It's a LR RWD model.

The autopilot worked very well on the highway. The sound system is much better than the Model X base system. The screen graphics are much improved. The camera isn't as sharp, and if you have it displayed it covers the navigation screen. My favorite feature is the handling. The worst part of the Model 3 is adjusting the outside mirrors!

How long has it been taking between the time people turn in their cars till they show up on Tesla site as CPO? I'm thinking 2 years ago exactly autopilot 2.0 came out so we should start seeing a lot more AP 2.0 CPO cars soon when those 2 year leases expire.

I'm about a year away from end of lease and received a letter from US Bank notifying such.

It state one of the option is trade in and another is purchase. They said call for promotion offers.

I am curious what everyone experience with their Tesla on these leases

1. Did they give you an option to buy the vehicle early without having to pay the remainder of the lease?

2. Did they give you an option if you trade in at the end of lease without mileage over charge?

3. If you did buy out your lease, I assume you had to pay some end of lease buyout fees?

Anything else you did?

Thanks.
1. Lol no. You owe them the money. You don't owe them the sum of all remaining lease payments + final buyout, there's a slightly different (lower) number.
2. Not sure but I doubt they'll look the other way. If they do they're taking that away from you somewhere else. They're a business. If tesla looks the other way on kms, they will give you a worse deal elsewhere to make sure they're whole.
3. I didn't. Just bought the car paying the appropriate tax and that was all IIRC.