Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Ports - How to facilitate wireless + Sentury?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, Quick Q:

How many USB(A) ports are available for the M3? If the answer is 2x in the front area, how would one facilitate both a wireless charger (which I believe takes 2x ports) and also a pendrive for Sentury mode (1x port).

Does a USB splitter increase battery drain?

Through some sort of USB hub / splitter, etc. Not in any appreciable way. The issue with USB splitters etc, is what charge rate they allow / how much power they pass through (as in usually a wireless charging pad that requires 2 USB plugs will charge slower when you use standard USB splitters).

Prior to (roughly) June 2020 they came with 2 front USB-A ports.

After that they are built like the Y- one USB-C into which the factory wireless charging pad plugs, and one USB-A port.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Navak splitters (designed by a user here, compact, requiring no extra wiring, and offering better charge rates than most "dumb" hubs do.

Note there's a 1st and 2nd gen version of it....

V1 turns one USB-A into one data port for dashcam and/or music, and 1 charge port (up to 2.1a)

V2 offers an SDcard slot for dashcam and/or music, plus two data ports (one 1.5a, one 0.5 amps) for various uses... (cam/music if you want that on a seperate storage device, game controller, wired phone charger, etc)

Personally I'm a big fan of the Navak splitters (designed by a user here, compact, requiring no extra wiring, and offering better charge rates than most "dumb" hubs do.

Note there's a 1st and 2nd gen version of it....

V1 turns one USB-A into one data port for dashcam and/or music, and 1 charge port (up to 2.1a)

V2 offers an SDcard slot for dashcam and/or music, plus two data ports (one 1.5a, one 0.5 amps) for various uses... (cam/music if you want that on a seperate storage device, game controller, wired phone charger, etc)

Citation needed, I searched Amazon and the forum and could not find mention of a V2.