Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2018 MX 75D Worth Getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a 22 MYP and was thinking of grabbing a MX since the prices of used cars are coming down. There is a local BMW dealer near me with an 2018 MX 75D for sale with about 21K miles on it for around 60K. I do alot of city driving so not sure how the range will be. Or perhaps I should wait longer for prices to come down more and grab a newer model. Thanks

I currently have a 22 MYP and was thinking of grabbing a MX since the prices of used cars are coming down. There is a local BMW dealer near me with an 2018 MX 75D for sale with about 21K miles on it for around 60K. I do alot of city driving so not sure how the range will be. Or perhaps I should wait longer for prices to come down more and grab a newer model. Thanks
If you have home charging and mostly city driving, the range is more than enough even for winter time.

Honestly, for me it's not 75D vs 100D... but instead, I'd hold out for a Raven model within your price range. A lot of big improvements. But that's just me.

I know most people on here say to avoid the 75D... but it really all depends on your needs. For example, I have a Standard Range (Raven equivalent to a 75D). I charge to 80% daily, and I've never had range anxiety. Even after a full day of running errands all around town, I still have plenty of range. Sure, a 100D/Long Range has more range. But so far, I've never needed it. And for the rare situation where I might, there are superchargers.

If you live in a cold climate (which cuts range), or have a need to drive long distances regularly, then yes, a Long Range makes more sense. But For those of us who only drive around town and don't do road trips, Standard Range/75D is perfectly fine.

Honestly, for me it's not 75D vs 100D... but instead, I'd hold out for a Raven model within your price range. A lot of big improvements. But that's just me.

I know most people on here say to avoid the 75D... but it really all depends on your needs. For example, I have a Standard Range (Raven equivalent to a 75D). I charge to 80% daily, and I've never had range anxiety. Even after a full day of running errands all around town, I still have plenty of range. Sure, a 100D/Long Range has more range. But so far, I've never needed it. And for the rare situation where I might, there are superchargers.

If you live in a cold climate (which cuts range), or have a need to drive long distances regularly, then yes, a Long Range makes more sense. But For those of us who only drive around town and don't do road trips, Standard Range/75D is perfectly fine.
Agree about the range. 95% or my driving is local, and I never had an issue with the X75 range. And the 5% we did use for trips from the Bay Area to SoCal meant one additional stop for 20 minutes or so.

Reactions: Castaway
Not for 60k. Unless the doors are worth a lot to you. If it was a performance model maybe. If it was MS for for less money maybe. Vinfast is delivering cart in the next few weeks. 60k for a first gen X will seem silly in a less than 6 month.