Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Founder MX Value - thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market for a 90D and found one that ends with F003### that seems to be a pretty good deal. Overall it is loaded with everything except the UHF sound systems. Has a good paint color, leather, premium, subzero, and six seat config, along with high amp as well.

Two questions and looking for thoughts:

1. Fair value idea on this guy, has right around 1k miles on it is all?

2. Should I be concerned with quality here, in the 3### range, and its a Founders since the F?

3. It is listed as having an active spoiler, even tough just a 90D. Seems this is right since many early 90Ds had that, but can anyone confirm this is likely true?

Many thanks!
T

If it is truly a Founder vehicle, it will be a P90D and include active spoiler, red brake calipers, sporty pedals, etc. The VIN should have a double "F" (digits 11 and 12).

However, the "F" in the VIN (digit 11) probably means "Fremont" (where it's been built). In that case, it may be an early 90D, delivered before they completed/started shipping the fixed spoiler.

If it is truly a Founder vehicle, it will be a P90D and include active spoiler, red brake calipers, sporty pedals, etc. The VIN should have a double "F" (digits 11 and 12).

However, the "F" in the VIN (digit 11) probably means "Fremont" (where it's been built). In that case, it may be an early 90D, delivered before they completed/started shipping the fixed spoiler.

Awesome thanks, that reason for the F makes more sense. It's definitely just a 90D with active spoiler, 3000 range of VINs.

Will decide tomorrow. They are asking basically 98K for it which seems like a good deal.

This is definitely NOT a Founder's Edition VIN.

Founder's VIN decryption:

Digit 11 = F (Fremont)
Digit 12 = F (Founder)
Digits 13-17 (only 5 digits, not 6 as for regular production): Founder's Number,
i.e. 00116

And there are around 125 Founder's Editions worldwide so far (exact number still to be determined)

image.jpeg

And it will say "Founder" on the main screen.