Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Inventory ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what happened to Tesla’s used inventory? ... on evcpo , there’s roughly 90-115 used cars in the US .. not to long ago there was about a thousand.

No chance they sold all of them, I figured by now 2017 leases would’ve been on there but nope. Prices seem to have stagnated as well.

But I’m most concerned with how the inventory is depleted, any insight ?

what happened to Tesla’s used inventory? ... on evcpo , there’s roughly 90-115 used cars in the US .. not to long ago there was about a thousand.

No chance they sold all of them, I figured by now 2017 leases would’ve been on there but nope. Prices seem to have stagnated as well.

But I’m most concerned with how the inventory is depleted, any insight ?

I don't think we'll be seeing 2017's more recently, but I'm hoping the 2016.5's start getting turned in. Think about it, 2016.5, plus 3 year lease (which is pretty common lease term), puts us at 2019.5. Considering it's almost mid 2019.....I'm anxiously waiting.

I have no clue what happened to the inventory. I don't think I've seen a drastic increase in the used market outside of Tesla either, although I know some were definitely auctioned and purchased by private used dealers. It's a mystery.

Somewhat on topic, a few years back, when I was looking for a P85, I remember searching Tesla's website, and there were plenty of "used" cars for sale (probably CPO's, but I can't recall, so let's just say used). A few months later, I revisited and the inventory had been reduced significantly. So much so that I lost interest and never purchased. Was talking to a buddy of mine earlier today and remembered discussing this with him.

I don't think we'll be seeing 2017's more recently, but I'm hoping the 2016.5's start getting turned in. Think about it, 2016.5, plus 3 year lease (which is pretty common lease term), puts us at 2019.5. Considering it's almost mid 2019.....I'm anxiously waiting.

I have no clue what happened to the inventory. I don't think I've seen a drastic increase in the used market outside of Tesla either, although I know some were definitely auctioned and purchased by private used dealers. It's a mystery.

Somewhat on topic, a few years back, when I was looking for a P85, I remember searching Tesla's website, and there were plenty of "used" cars for sale (probably CPO's, but I can't recall, so let's just say used). A few months later, I revisited and the inventory had been reduced significantly. So much so that I lost interest and never purchased. Was talking to a buddy of mine earlier today and remembered discussing this with him.

Exactly what happened to me , I was eyeing prices for months . One day inventory dropped drastically and have not been as interested since .. it’s definitely a mystery

I talked to a Tesla used sales rep today. He said they are selling cars soooo quickly right now. New cars are uploaded around 8pm every night. Prices are reduced a few hundred bucks, every morning, until the car sells.

I have been tracking cars on a spreadsheet at home for a couple of weeks, tracking prices and sales trends. I'm looking at 2015-16, 85-90D, under 40k miles, "clean" title. They sell in anywhere from 18 hours (red) to 8 days. Right now most of the cars are lease returns with manufacture dates of Feb/Mar 2016. They also get a few trade ins. Red goes fastest, gray goes slowest. Cars without sunroofs, with textile interior, or minimal options, also go slow. I would guess the facelifted cars will start to show up 3 years, 2 months after they first were sold. I don't think there is ever a perfect time to buy. Buying a Tesla reminds me of buying any piece of technology - constant updates, wildly changing prices, and wondering if you "could have done better" if you had just waited a little while. But if you second guess yourself you will go nuts. Pull the trigger when you find the car you want.