Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If

What was the compromise you made? I have a similar deal on a LR RWD with Blue and 19"s and I'm wondering if I'll regret not getting AWD. I had a RWD G35 that wasn't great in rain on hills, even with new tires. We've had no issues since moving to a QX60 AWD and Pilot AWD. I really just don't want to pay an extra 12k.
LOL i'm going from a v36 G35. thats the car im trading in.

I snagged a black/black 2018 M3 AWD with 480 miles. The price on last Friday when placing the order was $37200. Then Tesla called me on Monday saying the price was wrong be and should be $41700. I wonder if this still a good deal or not.

I snagged a black/black 2018 M3 AWD with 480 miles. The price on last Friday when placing the order was $37200. Then Tesla called me on Monday saying the price was wrong be and should be $41700. I wonder if this still a good deal or not.
So it seems like it was next business day they contacted you. Seeing as I purchased yesterday, I guess I would expect a call today. I could call in but I've heard stories of very long wait times but may have to do it anyways.

I don't have insurance yet and don't want to go through with it unless I can confirm the purchase at the price I was quoted instead of w/e they decide the price is today :(

Considering new is around $48k, this is a discount of ~$5k over new one(factoring in the fact that you won’t be eligible for $1875 federal rebate). I would say take it. Maybe ask for a free wall connector.

If this was never titled(which I doubt), Tesla can sell this as “new” and you can claim $1875 federal rebate. But that’s a long shot. Only Tesla can tell you or maybe ask them today.

Considering new is around $48k, this is a discount of ~$5k over new one(factoring in the fact that you won’t be eligible for $1875 federal rebate). I would say take it. Maybe ask for a free wall connector.

If this was never titled(which I doubt), Tesla can sell this as “new” and you can claim $1875 federal rebate. But that’s a long shot. Only Tesla can tell you or maybe ask them today.

Thanks. Tesla said the previous owner bought the car in Feb, then traded it in last month for a model X. So this is definitely a titled car.

So it seems like it was next business day they contacted you. Seeing as I purchased yesterday, I guess I would expect a call today. I could call in but I've heard stories of very long wait times but may have to do it anyways.

I don't have insurance yet and don't want to go through with it unless I can confirm the purchase at the price I was quoted instead of w/e they decide the price is today :(

Are you getting the "low listing price" used car as well?

Yea but the Tuesday edition instead of the Friday ones that have mostly been contacted about price adjustments from what i've seen.

The prices were a little higher across the board yesterday so I'm hoping it doesn't get adjusted after the fact like the others.

I received an email from a used vehicle sales advisor detailing the process for delivery. No mention of the price I paid, so hopefully no adjustments are incoming.

The Tuesday prices were also higher almost across the board (e.g. low 40's vs mid-30's), so this also gives me a little more optimism.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
I received an email from a used vehicle sales advisor detailing the process for delivery. No mention of the price I paid, so hopefully no adjustments are incoming.

The Tuesday prices were also higher almost across the board (e.g. low 40's vs mid-30's), so this also gives me a little more optimism.
What did you get on Tuesday?

Looks like I just got an email from my Used Vehicle SA as well! No mention of price adjustments so crossing my fingers there's no issues!

Last edited:
So when I purchased my car there was no mention of location but just found out mine is located across the country (NJ and I'm located in WA). When I ordered I had the option for pickup @ Fremont or my local location (Bellevue) and I selected Bellevue. I assumed that meant there wasn't any Transport Fee since none was mentioned during the ordering process.

Will I have to pay the $2K to have it transported from NJ to WA?

So when I purchased my car there was no mention of location but just found out mine is located across the country (NJ and I'm located in WA). When I ordered I had the option for pickup @ Fremont or my local location (Bellevue) and I selected Bellevue. I assumed that meant there wasn't any Transport Fee since none was mentioned during the ordering process.

Will I have to pay the $2K to have it transported from NJ to WA?

My OA was saying that it may be subjected. I am in CA and mine is in Baltimore. I am waiting to see what happens. $2k more might make the deal not as good. Are these deposits refundable since we didn't know about the location until after the order?

If it ends up being $2k. Any one close to Baltimore area that wants to pick this up? Register in your name and then eventually transfer ownership....

Similarly if someone got a car from CA and will need to have it shipped and does not want to pay let me know. I can register in my name and transfer later..

My OA was saying that it may be subjected. I am in CA and mine is in Baltimore. I am waiting to see what happens. $2k more might make the deal not as good. Are these deposits refundable since we didn't know about the location until after the order?

If it ends up being $2k. Any one close to Baltimore area that wants to pick this up? Register in your name and then eventually transfer ownership....

Similarly if someone got a car from CA and will need to have it shipped and does not want to pay let me know. I can register in my name and transfer later..

What did you order?