Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used X/S or new Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree... Taycan's are the best non-Tesla EV hands down. It's lower in the list primarily because:
  1. It's not truly an SUV, it's still downright tiny, even in wagon form
  2. It's expensive. Not like normal expensive, but more so— it's literally like buying BOTH a Model S & Model X, and that's before options.
Yup, 100% agree. Looks like an amazing car and I can't wait to start seeing them on Carmax at $50k in a few years. Would make an amazing second car. :)

Love this list -- if I had the money though, that Taycan CrossTurismo would be really tempting and I might slip that in a bit higher.
The Taycan is a great car. My neighbor has a Taycan S Turbo. The ride is nice and the car is silent when compared to my Tesla X. Handling is very good.

Still it is a sedan, so after about 30 minutes, I wanted to get out and get into an SUV/CUV.

Reactions: El joe
I just had a short encounter with a dual motor FSD model 3 long range. After driven it i cant stand the suspension and seat. Being Y is very similar to 3 i think i will go with another X.
That is how I feel. We have 2020 Model 3 LR. I can only drive it for about 30 minutes or so before it starts to feel cramped. Plus the suspension is pretty harsh over bumpy pavement. We test drove a Model Y and the suspension was the same. Also, the Y made drumming noise you feel in your ears at highway speeds.

Reactions: woodychau