Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using a Credit Card or Paypal to pay for Tesla Solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did this delay your permission to turn on the system?
If you have power walls, as others have said in the forum, you can power it on and turn your grid off. You don't want to be pushing any solar production to the grid. If you only have PV, then you can't / shouldn't turn your system on. I've been running in backup mode for almost 2 months now while I wait for PTO

If you have power walls, as others have said in the forum, you can power it on and turn your grid off. You don't want to be pushing any solar production to the grid. If you only have PV, then you can't / shouldn't turn your system on. I've been running in backup mode for almost 2 months now while I wait for PTO
Can't believe how long it takes for PTO. Seems like they accept your payment and then take forever to send paperwork to your utility company. Disappointing!!

I don't have power walls. Here in Maryland they aren't cost effective since we have few power outages and good net metering policies.

Can't believe how long it takes for PTO. Seems like they accept your payment and then take forever to send paperwork to your utility company. Disappointing!!

I don't have power walls. Here in Maryland they aren't cost effective since we have few power outages and good net metering policies.
Agree! But the Gods must of heard my bitching and answered my prayers! I received notice that my PTO docs were submitted today. Praying that there are no mistakes! 🙏. Please light a candle for me.

It has been 2 weeks since I paid in full using a credit card for my solar installation and I am still getting emails and texts saying that final payment is due.

This is annoying and I called about this a couple of days ago and thought things would be resolved so that I do not continue getting these messages. I hope this doesn't delay the permission to turn on the system.

Did others have this type of issue after paying with a credit card. Annoying.
that is unusual at least from what has been posted here .. almost all report website shows awaiting payment for months after cc payment but do not recall any reports of Tesla actively (or automated ) system trying to collect

Same scenario with our project in AZ. Paid using CC and still getting text msgs and emails asking for me to go I to my account and pay invoice. I did call billing Dept and have them verify payment and $0 balance. Also, asked and received a invoice notating same.

We were told that anyone viewing our account within Tesla will see that our project has been paid and should drop off my app in the next billing cycle. Will not have any effect on PTO.

My solar passed inspection yesterday. It’s time for me to pay up. Obviously Tesla wants an ACH transfer. However I saw some of you had luck calling in to pay with a cc. I tried (873) 973-7652. But it rings to a busy signal. Also the number is from Canada which concerns me.
Has anyone had luck paying via cc lately? If so how did you set it up?

thanks

My solar passed inspection yesterday. It’s time for me to pay up. Obviously Tesla wants an ACH transfer. However I saw some of you had luck calling in to pay with a cc. I tried (873) 973-7652. But it rings to a busy signal. Also the number is from Canada which concerns me.
Has anyone had luck paying via cc lately? If so how did you set it up?

thanks
My sister was able to do it as recently as a month ago. Just a reminder be prepared for your account to show invoice due even after you've paid via credit card. I paid in April and my account still shows an invoice due. I have a receipt that was emailed from my credit card payment and they confirmed that I was paid up and the online portal can take a really long time to update.

That phone number doesn't look right. The number is in the forums somewhere. The 2% or so on the amount is usually worth the hassle.

Because there have been a few months from the last comment, I want to confirm I was able to make a payment with CC today for my July install that was invoiced today.
My invoice email included a PayPal link, but it was broken, so I called in instead.
I made one partial payment in the morning, initiated a transfer to my credit card to increase my limit, and made a second transaction this afternoon.
For some reason the first came through on my CC as SOLARCITY and the second as TESLA MOTORS INC.
The only difference was that the first time I had a 'get a callback' option and the second time I was on hold until someone picked up. I'm guessing that means they have different support teams with varying internal systems. The tech making the second transaction (that came through as TESLA) mentioned he was in Utah, in case anyone wants breadcrumbs to try to figure out how to get it to come across TESLA (for example if a credit card treats them differently)
Both transactions are currently pending, and when I asked he mentioned they should clear within 3-5 business days.

Because there have been a few months from the last comment, I want to confirm I was able to make a payment with CC today for my July install that was invoiced today.
My invoice email included a PayPal link, but it was broken, so I called in instead.
I made one partial payment in the morning, initiated a transfer to my credit card to increase my limit, and made a second transaction this afternoon.
For some reason the first came through on my CC as SOLARCITY and the second as TESLA MOTORS INC.
The only difference was that the first time I had a 'get a callback' option and the second time I was on hold until someone picked up. I'm guessing that means they have different support teams with varying internal systems. The tech making the second transaction (that came through as TESLA) mentioned he was in Utah, in case anyone wants breadcrumbs to try to figure out how to get it to come across TESLA (for example if a credit card treats them differently)
Both transactions are currently pending, and when I asked he mentioned they should clear within 3-5 business days.
That is about what I did with the CC purchase last year except I waited several days to make the 2nd payment charge.

That is about what I did with the CC purchase last year except I waited several days to make the 2nd payment charge.
I made payment in 3/4 slots, and each time got a new card and spent the min $3000 or $5000. That way I got close to 320,000 introductory airline miles .. miles that I wanted to use and will use one day.

Hey 320,000 miles is worth $3200 worth !!!

Reactions: charlesj