Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using an iPhone as a key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's another question for some of you experienced Tesla'ites. My wife and I have iPhones and mine works fine and connects and unlocks/locks the MY etc. My wife's iPhone is also linked as a key but doesn't connect which is a worry because she's not patient with technology. Mine is set as priority device but surely hers should still connect when I'm not around.

Setting up phone as a key and setting up Bluetooth device connection are two separate things.

What exactly is not working on her phone? And obvious question, but make sure she has Bluetooth on all the time with Tesla app set to always allow Bluetooth access in the iPhone settings.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Setting up phone as a key and setting up Bluetooth device connection are two separate things.

What exactly is not working on her phone? And obvious question, but make sure she has Bluetooth on all the time with Tesla app set to always allow Bluetooth access in the iPhone settings.
What I meant was her iPhone won't even unlock or lock the doors. She has to do it manually or use her key card. For me it wouldn't be a 'biggie' but for her it's stressful.

Suggest re-do adding iPhone as key

Ive had no problems with 5 iphone keys

Also make sure each key is associated with the Profile of the driver with the key (not that it will solve the key issue

I also don't use priority key

Last edited:
I find the iPhone as a key flaky. I can have the phone with me and car would not detect it. I have to press the side button or sometimes even having to unlock my iphone for the car to detect it. No issue when I was using Samsung phone. I think I'm going back to Samsung.

Reactions: Zer0t