Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USS Functionality get downgraded - again - 2024.14 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all,

with the 2024.14 update tesla added TeslaVision Parkassist to all USS equiped cars with Ryzen Processer Infotainment.
Quite cool, can change between standard (USS as we know it) and Tesla Vision now.

BUT
with the update the visualisations in the standard park assist have changed, the STOP now shows once you come within 40cm / 15in. This used to be 30cm / 12 in prior to this update.

With 2023.12 Tesla removed the feature that despite STOP showing on the screen the red line continued to move all the way to the car in the vizualisation, allowing extremely precise parking down to about 5cm / 2in. From this update onwards the line stopped at the position that used to be shown at about 20cm distance. This was at the exact time that the first try of the vision park assist (without the Hifi) was released to non USS cars.
Now they have nerfed the USS on our cars AGAIN - seemingly to make sure USS cant be shown as more precise then Vision.

who noticed, who cares and any feel like writing a bunch of tesla people on X asking whats going on?
I personally think its rediculous, I daily parallel park in spots (germany) where there is max 30cm infront and behind me, it was so easy and safe prior to 2023.12, from then on and now its become guess work. Vision Park assist is getting better but for these situation USS was just perfect until now.
If enough people write we might get a response if its a bug or nothing and we know they are just doing it on purpose.
Just me writing as an completely unactive and no info user on X isnt going to do anything. :(