TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Utah Service Center

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by Denarius, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

So I got a tip that the Utah service center is getting close. So I did what any normal person would do and searched for permits and business licenses.

Behold! Entity Details: TESLA MOTORS UT, INC. - Utah Business Search - Utah.gov

2312 S State Street
    Salt Lake City, UT

So I drove by and found lots of construction going on, but definite confirmation. It's my car in the first picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

2. fstech

fstech Member

Nice find! I like the picture with your car out front, perfect....

3. Linux64

Linux64 Member

Awesome! Plus it is 47.2 miles away from my house, so I'm just under the 50 mile limit for valet service!

"We want your Tesla Service experience to be convenient and hassle-free. If you are within 50 miles (80 km) of the closest Service Center, a Valet can be sent out to retrieve your Model S from your home or office and return it for you when the service is complete. If service on your Model S will take longer than four hours, a Service Loaner will be provided for you, if available."

4. Scott

Scott Member

It looks they'll have a 'show room' of sorts too. I went to the Service Center in Denver but it was very minimal, lots of bays with a very small waiting area. It was so small they didn't even have enough room to display accessories.

5. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Yes, this will be a combination gallery/service center.

6. SUN_Spot

SUN_Spot Member

Talked to Adam (local service tech) today about the service center. He hinted that it would be open within a few weeks. There have been quite a few SLC job listings on the Tesla career website too.

7. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Awesome! Btw that's big ol' Dodge dealership directly across the street.

Ha! Nice. It's 5.7 from mine :smile:

8. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Dropped by today. Lots of progress. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Almost home from a 2 hr drive, I said to my wife, "we need to go look at somthing. If you can guess what it is, you don't have to get out of the car." Without hesitation she said, "something Tesla right?" Ha! She's good.
    Notes on photos: The bays w ramp would appear to be the delivery bays. That's where the HPWC is on the wall.
    When I went by mid week, they had that triangular area above the sign all torn apart. It's a remnant of the used car dealership this progress replaces. The flashing & finish still looks pretty rough.
    You may, at first glance, overlook the actual service bays which are disconnected and have a separate fenced off lot to the north west

btw, Kelly jumped out of the car & walked around w me, very excited. Me too!

oh! Forgot the flagpole! That is a SERIOUSLY BIG flagpole. It is my hope that it gets an appropriatly grande American flag

9. Scott

Scott Member

Wow, this is coming along really fast. Thanks for posting a few pics Mikel, by chance did you see a HPWC that's going to be available outside?

10. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Didnt see any exterior charging, but I didn't do a thorough inspection. There are places it could hide, like right in front, which was fully tarped.

11. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Anyone been by to check it out? I've been traveling for a few days. Ought to be happening soon.

announcement? Grand Opening? Will they send invites, emails or?

12. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I heard that construction is done and they are waiting on permits or inspection.

13. Park2670

Park2670 Member

Drove past yesterday. Appears to be very close to opening. Still missing the big monitor on the wall and the build color samples.

Three demos were parked in the lot as well;

White 85
    Blue 60
    MC Red P85D

Attached Files:

14. KJD

KJD Member

It does look like it could open any day now. The blue 60 was very attractive. At first I thought it was black the color is so dark.

15. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I also heard the plans showed 5 supercharger cabinets for the parking lot, but it was decided not to put them in right away.

16. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

#16 Denarius, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    And I heard today they are indeed happening.

17. Park2670

Park2670 Member

That was a quick turnaround. What changed?

18. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I think the local service team didn't agree with the decision. But I don't know for a fact that that is why it changed.

19. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Took a couple of beauty shots for those who don't live next to 11,000' mtns :smile:
    image.jpg image.jpg
    One guy there today said he thought opening day will be "early March".
    That huge column in the window reflection pic is the base of the flagpole that I referred to earlier. In the light of day, it's rusty and corroded, could really use a sprucing up.

20. PQL

PQL New Member

Any thoughts on whether this will have a supercharger or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Cause if it does, it ought to be added into "blueshift's" supercharger location map.