Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From todays Salt Lake Tribune.
Gehrke: The Utah Legislature takes its share of lumps, but there are some good things to come from the session

This year, however, the New Car Dealers of Utah put a compromise on the table that passed the House unanimously and looks certain to make it through the Senate. House Bill 369 would let Tesla and other makers of electricity- or hydrogen-powered cars get a new type of license so manufacturers can sell directly to consumers, without franchising with a car dealership.

Ideally, this wouldn’t have taken years to accomplish, but it would ultimately benefit consumers, and it proves that persistence pays.

Reactions: Brando
Maybe now the Tesla store will be able to give test drives in new cars instead of "used" cars only.

Hey Tesla how about a model 3 for people in Utah to see and drive.

If you'll settle for just looking at one, one of the employees at the State Street store has a 3 that's in the car park much of the time and he has been really good about letting people look it over.

Reactions: Fiver
Doesn't apply to most of us (yet) but the cost for supercharging in Utah went from .14c (If I recall) to now .22c per kWh. Seems to be part of a larger trend across the US where all supercharging prices went up.

Is that the regulated commercial electric rate from the utilities(RMP, etc) or did Tesla find a way to make SC's a profit center?
They're saying that the increases are to fund further expansion, not to make a profit. I imagine some of it could be to control wait times as well. If the charging price doubles, fewer people will be trying to use it, though I don't think I've ever seen the State Street chargers full when I've driven by. But if this will help them put a supercharger in Utah county I'm all for it!

I don't think I've ever seen the State Street chargers full when I've driven by. But if this will help them put a supercharger in Utah county I'm all for it!

I've seen State Street full, but it's a pretty rare occurrence. Certainly not a problem like it is in California.

Driving around Park City, I see 3-4 Tesla's a day now. It's like LA or SF up here!

Any Utah pilots here might like to know that Atlantic Aviation at Salt Lake International is installing Tesla chargers.
0atlantic.JPG

Reactions: KJD and Fiver
Rep. Coleman says HB 369 has been officially signed and the manager at the SLC Tesla showroom says their legal people are already working on getting the necessary permits to allow them to sell new vehicles.

However, Rep. Coleman has also requested what's called a Ceremonial Signing where the governor will do another signing that will be open to interested parties. She added that she thinks Tesla executives will be there for that.

Folks wanting to attend can check with her directly or I'll post something here as soon as I hear when the signing will happen.

Reactions: Fiver
Hey everyone! Local SL County resident here. Excited to get my Model 3 in a few months. I have a question for existing S/X/3 owners. I know it will depend on a large variety of factors, but where were you all able to find the best rates for financing your Tesla? I will need to start shopping around soon and would appreciate a few suggestions! :)

Hey everyone! Local SL County resident here. Excited to get my Model 3 in a few months. I have a question for existing S/X/3 owners. I know it will depend on a large variety of factors, but where were you all able to find the best rates for financing your Tesla? I will need to start shopping around soon and would appreciate a few suggestions! :)

Just got a loan from University Credit Union. Best rate I could find. I'd try them first.