TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Utah Tesla Owners

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by Denarius, Jun 9, 2013.

1. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

From todays Salt Lake Tribune.
    Gehrke: The Utah Legislature takes its share of lumps, but there are some good things to come from the session

• Like x 1
  2. nobznss

nobznss Member

• Like x 1
  3. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

It also passed the senate, with a minor amendment 26/1/2. Because of the amendment, it had to go back to the house, where the amended version was also approved unanimously (73/0/2). So... it's basically a done deal. Herbert could theoretically veto, but that'd be silly since the legislature is basically unanimous and would override.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  4. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

5. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Maybe now the Tesla store will be able to give test drives in new cars instead of "used" cars only.

Hey Tesla how about a model 3 for people in Utah to see and drive.

• Like x 1
  6. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

If you'll settle for just looking at one, one of the employees at the State Street store has a 3 that's in the car park much of the time and he has been really good about letting people look it over.

• Like x 1
  7. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Doesn't apply to most of us (yet) but the cost for supercharging in Utah went from .14c (If I recall) to now .22c per kWh. Seems to be part of a larger trend across the US where all supercharging prices went up.

8. iCAR

iCAR Member

Is that the regulated commercial electric rate from the utilities(RMP, etc) or did Tesla find a way to make SC's a profit center?

9. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Dunno, seems that pricing went up all over the world yesterday. No idea the reasoning.

10. mrongey

mrongey Member

They're saying that the increases are to fund further expansion, not to make a profit. I imagine some of it could be to control wait times as well. If the charging price doubles, fewer people will be trying to use it, though I don't think I've ever seen the State Street chargers full when I've driven by. But if this will help them put a supercharger in Utah county I'm all for it!

11. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

I've seen State Street full, but it's a pretty rare occurrence. Certainly not a problem like it is in California.

Driving around Park City, I see 3-4 Tesla's a day now. It's like LA or SF up here!

12. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Any Utah pilots here might like to know that Atlantic Aviation at Salt Lake International is installing Tesla chargers.
    0atlantic.JPG

• Like x 2
  13. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Utahans with 2018.10.4?

My S received 2018.10.4 a couple of days ago and, wow! Impressive improvements.

Any fellow Utahans finding the same thing?

14. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

I assume you are a autopilot car? Guessing minimal to zero changes for us classic drivers.

15. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

16. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Ah, goes to show you how much I don't know. I thought all Ss ups until recently came with AP 1 and the newer ones have AP 2.

Perhaps do the other features of the new update (opening the trunk and frunk with the phone app) work on classics?

17. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Gov. Herbert signs another 44 bills, including a $1.7M fee break for EnergySolutions

18. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Rep. Coleman says HB 369 has been officially signed and the manager at the SLC Tesla showroom says their legal people are already working on getting the necessary permits to allow them to sell new vehicles.

However, Rep. Coleman has also requested what's called a Ceremonial Signing where the governor will do another signing that will be open to interested parties. She added that she thinks Tesla executives will be there for that.

Folks wanting to attend can check with her directly or I'll post something here as soon as I hear when the signing will happen.

• Like x 1
  19. kholdstare622@

[email protected] New Member

Hey everyone! Local SL County resident here. Excited to get my Model 3 in a few months. I have a question for existing S/X/3 owners. I know it will depend on a large variety of factors, but where were you all able to find the best rates for financing your Tesla? I will need to start shopping around soon and would appreciate a few suggestions! :)

20. nobznss

nobznss Member

Just got a loan from University Credit Union. Best rate I could find. I'd try them first.