Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v. 2020.32.3 - Model X Close Windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
X and S don't currently support it. May sometime in the future (or may not).

Thanks for confirming.

That's quite strange they would release it for 3 &Y but not yet have it working on the X & S. It would seem to be a relatively simple implementation - but I am not a programmer so what do I know. Anyway, my wife tends to be more careless about not checking the windows on her 3 so at least its there for her.

The scary thing is that it may be a hardware limitation with the current (or recent to a point) Model X and S. This is something I miss, my old 2007 Mondeo and Landrover open/close the windows remotely on unlock/lock if desired by holding the button down a few extra seconds.

The scary thing is that it may be a hardware limitation with the current (or recent to a point) Model X and S. This is something I miss, my old 2007 Mondeo and Landrover open/close the windows remotely on unlock/lock if desired by holding the button down a few extra seconds.
Yeah, my 2004 average model sedan had it. Disappointing that a ‘luxury’ car from today doesn’t

Even if they're not open. All three of my cars say there's an open window even though there isn't.

Yes, my app is now telling me that "one window is open" when in fact no window is open. Through a series of checks, I verified that the offending window is my drivers window. I've alerted the SC through the app and have scheduled a mobile service appointment. The SC had me do a scroll wheel reboot, and I also did a full reboot, and neither of these fixed the problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but that didn't work either. Will report back if the mobile tech was able to fix the problem.

Yes, my app is now telling me that "one window is open" when in fact no window is open. Through a series of checks, I verified that the offending window is my drivers window. I've alerted the SC through the app and have scheduled a mobile service appointment. The SC had me do a scroll wheel reboot, and I also did a full reboot, and neither of these fixed the problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but that didn't work either. Will report back if the mobile tech was able to fix the problem.

Did you try re-calibrating the window limits? Pull the switch to close it all the way. Release. Pull it again and hold it for 10 seconds. Do the same at the bottom. Do each window individually.

• Informative
Reactions: Yinn and n.one.one
I performed the steps to re-calibrate given to me by the SC, but they are not exactly the same as the steps you quote above. I will try this exactly as you state and see if it works. In the SC steps, there was no release before holding. And the holding was only for 5 sec, not 10. I hope your steps work! Will let you know.

I performed the steps to re-calibrate given to me by the SC, but they are not exactly the same as the steps you quote above. I will try this exactly as you state and see if it works. In the SC steps, there was no release before holding. And the holding was only for 5 sec, not 10. I hope your steps work! Will let you know.

I typed that from memory (and it's how every other car I've had with self-indexing windows has done it), so take it with a grain of salt, but good luck :)

What app are you running on your watch that can close the windows on a Model X (or S). Tesla App or 3rd party.
Remote Tesla lets you vent and also roll up the windows on the X. So I don’t know if it’s a hardware limitation. I’ve had his app since I bought my X last year. He’s a good guy that always answers questions. I asked him about implementing close windows on lock from his app, he said he will look into it.