Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 and Voice Commands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear you, I listen to many of the same stations too.

I miss it for my kids, “Dad, play <insert song here>”. They love it. It’s also a pretty cool feature to show off to new friends in the Tesla. It’s like, Watch this, I bet your car can’t do this...

This was also extensively discussed in another longer thread (V10 and Voice Commands?). The issue is that V10 adds Spotify to your car and now the voice (and search bar) look for music on Spotify , NOT Slacker. The Slacker implementation would play music on a voice search. The Spotify implementation (which our European friends have had all along) never has. So you gained Spotify at the cost of having to click on an item on the screen after a voice request. Pretty good trade I'd say...

Ok, just got the V10 update, and after several reboots, the voice command still doesn't work properly. Anyone seeing this as well?
Same problem on my model X after the upgrade. I have tried all forms of the reboot, power on, etc steps. I also think it weaves in the lane on auto pilot a lot more than the last version. It almost makes me seasick some times. I have MCU2.

This is a terrible trade off. Slacker was free and voice command worked flawlessly on it. Now Spotify premium cost $10 a month and offers no voice activation. WE should have the option of whether we want Slacker of Spotify providing voice requests. That would solve the problem.

okay, but if someone didn’t get Spotify one can still use voice search with slacker, that hasn’t changed with v10 correct? I didn’t try that before I got Spotify so now I can’t confirm.

It’s definitely a down grade for a voice command to no longer DO the thing I want. Pulling up a search window that I then have to take my eyes off the road for and then hand off the wheel for is ridiculous. Huge step back in safety and functionality.
I am reverting to pulling up Amazon music up on my phone prior to driving and using Alexa voice commands from there to play music.

This is not true but even if it was it still defeats the purpose of "Voice" activation.
What’s not true? If it can figure out what song I’m asking for, and has it available, it posts it on the upper left of the media window, and then I have to touch where I circled in red, to get it to play.
EC495C90-8AF6-4440-B1D0-A441883D7E80.jpeg

It’s really not true Voice Activation if you have to use the touch screen. Kind of defeats the purpose. A simple fix would be to allow the user to set a default to complete the search or leave the search results on the screen. Just one more line of code.

I wanted to reply that a Tesla ranger came out to me office to look at my car for several small items and my lack of voice commands period.

In all off the updates “Display-energy saving” tab got turned on in my car. The ranger turned it off, and now everything works fine in my car.

Voice command, slow boot up of the computer. Maps everything is now working better in the car. I don’t know if this is a work around a software bug or what but it worked for me big time. Now why after three trips to Tesla why couldn’t they find it or at least tell me to check that setting.

He did not do a “factory reset” of the car.

I wanted to reply that a Tesla ranger came out to my office to look at my car for several small items and my lack of voice commands period.

In all off the updates “Display-energy saving” tab got turned on in my car. The ranger turned it off, and now everything works fine in my car.

Voice command, slow boot up of the computer. Maps everything is now working better in the car. I don’t know if this is a work around a software bug or what but it worked for me big time. Now why after three trips to Tesla why couldn’t they find it or at least tell me to check that setting.

He did not do a “factory reset” of the car.

Well that was short lived. the voice commands worked great for the evening. Give it a night to rest and its already out of service again. :mad:

Everything else is working great again. I would still double check this setting in your car and see if it works for you.

Well that was short lived. the voice commands worked great for the evening. Give it a night to rest and its already out of service again. :mad:

Everything else is working great again. I would still double check this setting in your car and see if it works for you.
What/where is the display-energy tab? My assumption is you are talking about the energy vs miles toggle for the battery, but wanted to make sure.

What/where is the display-energy tab? My assumption is you are talking about the energy vs miles toggle for the battery, but wanted to make sure.

Go to Display on your screen and it is Energy Savings tab set it to Off. Having it on shuts down everything making the car take to long to power up. see the little icon top right.

I haven't had time to call Tesla back and ask what he did to make the car great for the day. I have even reset without any luck.

Go to Display on your screen and it is Energy Savings tab set it to Off. Having it on shuts down everything making the car take to long to power up. see the little icon top right.

I haven't had time to call Tesla back and ask what he did to make the car great for the day. I have even reset without any luck.
ah this must be an S/X only feature as my 3 is missing a setting for energy saving