TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 Loss of Range: 5% Range Loss in 2019 Model 3 After Install of V10 Update

Discussion in 'Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App' started by SynapticAcid, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SynapticAcid

SynapticAcid Member

Has anyone else experienced a sudden loss of range following installation of V10?

My 2019 Model 3 LR+ RWD lost 5% of its maximum range after V10 was installed. I went from a maximum charge of 314 miles prior to V10 to a maximum charge of 300 miles after V10 install.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Did you lose range or maybe the gauge is just reading differently. Software updates are known to change the way that range is calculated.

• Helpful x 1
  3. kkillebrew

kkillebrew Banned

mine dipped 2.6% according to TeslaFi. Actually happened in late June overnight after an incremental update.

4. hugh_jassol

hugh_jassol Member

Yep - I lost a about 2% coincident withe the V10 update in my MidRange.

5. kkillebrew

kkillebrew Banned

#5 kkillebrew, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    No it did not help the range problem but Smart Summon is now gone from the NAV menu, still present on the app but car does nothing.

reboot fixed problem

6. spiderion

spiderion Member

Yes. I did too. went down from 235.4 to 227.9 :( ss1.png

7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Not just a 3 issue I see this on my X as well

• Disagree x 1
  8. Need

Need Active Member

Same here, lost about 3% after a June or maybe May update. I drover 125 miles a day and charge to 90%. Suddenly in June or May, 90% went from 279 to 270 after an update.

• Informative x 1
  9. dgatwood

dgatwood Member

My X lost about 15% of its usable range after the update; turning off the "always ready" Summon thing fixed the problem. But that presented itself as the car simply using a lot more power for the first few miles after I got in the car each trip, not as a capacity loss when fully charged.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally switch the mode from ideal miles to rated miles?

10. hugh_jassol

hugh_jassol Member

Model 3 does not have that option - you get rated miles only.

11. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

mine dropped after a 1600 mile road trip in July but has crept back up to be only 1 mile less.
    Now 278 at 90% instead of 279
    After 25k miles in 17 months, not too bad at all.

12. kkillebrew

kkillebrew Banned

After a 90% charge and upgrade to 2019.32.12.1 641e9fa I seem to have regained some range. I am wondering if this is normal for a Model S manufactured in March 2019. Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.13.49 PM.png

13. SynapticAcid

SynapticAcid Member

I lost range, and can confirm that the loss occurred following V10 update as I use my Model 3 as my daily commuter and charge to the same level 5 nights a week. After V10 my 80% charge was ~15 miles less (which equates to a loss of ~5% of my previous maximum range; the vehicle is less than 6 months old--but I do already have more than 9,100 miles on it).

• Informative x 2
  14. KACHING

KACHING New Member

I see the same behavior. Charge to 90% gave me 216 miles from SR+ before V10. Only have 208 to 211 after 90% charge.
    Open a ticket with Tesla, and they did a remote battery check and told me my battery is fine and close the ticket without even give me a call.

Not the best service in the world. Going to call Tesla customer support again.

15. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

Check the weather. A dip in temperature will reduce the range.

• Disagree x 1
  16. hugh_jassol

hugh_jassol Member

It shouldn't affect the displayed rated range. And at least in my case, I live in SoCal, so it's _not_ weather.

17. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

No, all you are proving is that the displayed numbers suggest you lost range. You are rally only proving that guesstimates are indeed not perfect.

18. Atari2600

Atari2600 Active Member

Is there a way to generate the battery report using date instead of odometer value?

19. hugh_jassol

hugh_jassol Member

download the data as a csv and plot it yourself using Excel or similar

20. Atari2600

Atari2600 Active Member

I was looking for a lazy way to do it. I own Excel so I guess I don’t really have an excuse.