Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Loss of Range: 5% Range Loss in 2019 Model 3 After Install of V10 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else experienced a sudden loss of range following installation of V10?

My 2019 Model 3 LR+ RWD lost 5% of its maximum range after V10 was installed. I went from a maximum charge of 314 miles prior to V10 to a maximum charge of 300 miles after V10 install.

Yes. I did too. went down from 235.4 to 227.9 :(
ss1.png

My X lost about 15% of its usable range after the update; turning off the "always ready" Summon thing fixed the problem. But that presented itself as the car simply using a lot more power for the first few miles after I got in the car each trip, not as a capacity loss when fully charged.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally switch the mode from ideal miles to rated miles?

Did you lose range or maybe the gauge is just reading differently. Software updates are known to change the way that range is calculated.

I lost range, and can confirm that the loss occurred following V10 update as I use my Model 3 as my daily commuter and charge to the same level 5 nights a week. After V10 my 80% charge was ~15 miles less (which equates to a loss of ~5% of my previous maximum range; the vehicle is less than 6 months old--but I do already have more than 9,100 miles on it).

• Informative
Reactions: David99 and croman
I see the same behavior. Charge to 90% gave me 216 miles from SR+ before V10. Only have 208 to 211 after 90% charge.
Open a ticket with Tesla, and they did a remote battery check and told me my battery is fine and close the ticket without even give me a call.

Not the best service in the world. Going to call Tesla customer support again.

I lost range, and can confirm that the loss occurred following V10 update as I use my Model 3 as my daily commuter and charge to the same level 5 nights a week. After V10 my 80% charge was ~15 miles less (which equates to a loss of ~5% of my previous maximum range; the vehicle is less than 6 months old--but I do already have more than 9,100 miles on it).

No, all you are proving is that the displayed numbers suggest you lost range. You are rally only proving that guesstimates are indeed not perfect.