Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.1 [Release notes same as previous V10 versions]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is so annoying the way Tesla issues new updates. Every single other product I know of doesn't force you to download and install it in order to read the release notes. Usually you can read the release notes before initiating any download or install.
Well, it's kludgy, but you sort of can, especially now that the notices actually tell you what version of software your car wants to install. What you do is ignore the request for the moment, and come here on the forum. Pretty soon there will be a thread like this one. Either there will be new release notes, and someone will post photos of the car screens, or someone will post, "no new release notes from the prior version".

Then make your decision to install or not.

Bug report has been there for years, hope they do actually use them. There have been differing reports that Tesla can actually pull/get the reports in real time.

I also noticed that the ‘update waiting’ notification is also present on the app. Don’t know if that was there from the beginning of the ‘off WiFi’ notification in the car or not as we haven’t gotten many new releases when off wifi. Great work in any case, Tesla! No more running to the car to check!
I also noticed for the first time when downloading the 32.12.1 my App said that software update was being downloaded to my car. I was home near my car so could see from phone that it is downloaded to the car. I think I may have seen that when downloading 32.11 or 11.1. It is a nice feature.

Reactions: boaterva
On 2 lane roads with 2019.32.11.1 my car would seem to hug the center line if another car was coming on AP. Especially in corners. It was almost like it was trying to get close to them. Hopefully that goes away with the 32.12 update I just installed.

• Helpful
Reactions: SG25
On 2 lane roads with 2019.32.11.1 my car would seem to hug the center line if another car was coming on AP. Especially in corners. It was almost like it was trying to get close to them. Hopefully that goes away with the 32.12 update I just installed.

More often than not, being actually centered in the lane feels off in situations where you would naturally bias toward one side or another. Try turning on your backup camera and seeing where the lane lines appear. 99% of the time I feel like the car is not centered, the lane lines perfectly line up with the corners of the rear view frame.

Well, with V10 I had an NOA fail that I've never EVER seen before: initiating an unsafe lane change. Not sure if I, or the car, averted the consequences. Maybe that, and all the lane hugging, is what the update is all about. I wasn't sure if I should (forensically) preserve the state or install the update to 2019.32.12.1.

I finally got a hold of someone (competent) at Tesla's call center in Utah on the phone after 94 minutes on hold. She said there were other lane problem reports, sent me an email for me to attach the 4 video files, but each 29 mb file is too big to attach. I finally sent her a series of 10 frame grabs and she said she's escalating it, they will be in touch, etc. So I applied the update. Fingers crossed.

Well, with V10 I had an NOA fail that I've never EVER seen before: initiating an unsafe lane change. Not sure if I, or the car, averted the consequences. Maybe that, and all the lane hugging, is what the update is all about. I wasn't sure if I should (forensically) preserve the state or install the update to 2019.32.12.1.

I finally got a hold of someone (competent) at Tesla's call center in Utah on the phone after 94 minutes on hold. She said there were other lane problem reports, sent me an email for me to attach the 4 video files, but each 29 mb file is too big to attach. I finally sent her a series of 10 frame grabs and she said she's escalating it, they will be in touch, etc. So I applied the update. Fingers crossed.

Upload to Dropbox (or a similar service), attach link to email, done.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: S3XY and boaterva